OEMs in the aerospace market operate in the context of an ever-increasing global demand for more cost-effective processes, safe components and the need to make aircraft engines more efficient, sustainable and environmentally friendly. Oerlikon Metco's solutions make it possible to achieve this balancing act.
Maximum Protection for Maximum Performance
Our material, coating and equipment solutions for jet engines and components maximize operational turbine efficiency by controlling clearances, reducing thermal exposure effects, and controlling wear and corrosion. They protect a wide range of operational-critical parts, including clearance control systems, air seal components, compressor blades and vanes, and prevent problems caused by fretting, abrasion, particle erosion and other surface mechanisms.
In addition to coating solutions, we also provide state-of-the-art high-temperature braze materials and critical aero engine components such as honeycombs, airfoils, and vane assemblies.
Oerlikon Metco’s Coating Solutions Make Flight Gas Turbines More Effective Through
- Enabling lighter turbine seal designs
- Closer internal tolerances and higher overall pressure ratiost that improve engine efficiencies
- Resilience to higher operating temperatures resulting in class-leading gains in operating efficiency
- Protection against impact, fretting, sliding wear and corrosion
- Reduced fuel consumption
- Reduced CO2, NOx and CH4 emissions
- Prolonged service life of components for longer maintenance intervals
- Reduced engine downtime, better performance standards and increased time between overhauls
We Offer You Solutions for a Variety of Engine and Aircraft Parts
- Fan blades
- Compressor blades, vanes and seals
- Turbine blades and seals
- Combustion chambers and transition ducts
- Afterburner systems
- Rotor path linings
- Engine pylons and mounting parts
- Landing gears
- Hydraulic systems and fuel pumps
- Airframe parts