Thermal Spray Wires
Achieve long-lasting corrosion protection in even the harshest conditions. Our thermal spray wires are also used for repair and as bond coats. We can perform the work on-site at your operation. Our products come in a variety of specifications tailored to the spray procedure and application.
Materials for galvanically-active corrosion control
Independent testing has shown that coatings of these materials can last between 20 – 40 years before requiring a recoating.
- Infrastructure such as bridges, trestles, water towers, wind turbines, pipelines
- Marine and offshore applications, such as bridges, hulls for ships and tankers, offshore wind turbines
- Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI)
- Boilers and Digesters
Typical wire coating materials
- Zinc-aluminum alloy
- Aluminum-magnesium alloy
Corrosion resistance in harsh environments
We also offer wires for other types of corrosion control, such as resistance to:
- Various chemicals and pH conditions
- Harsh, high-temperature conditions, such as the environments found in industrial boilers and digesters
Benefits over traditional welding
Many operators have realized the benefits of using thermal-sprayed wire coatings in preference to traditional welding processes for applications such as boilers and digesters:
- Less expensive to apply
- Faster application, potentially saving days, if not weeks of facility downtime on scheduled outages
- Less stress on components such as boiler walls and tubes
- Compatible with welded areas
Thermal spray wires for bond coats and repair
Bond coats applied using electric arc wire spray are very clean and more easily machined than their powder-sprayed counterparts. Wires are popular for machine element repair, most commonly on carbon steel, low-alloy steel, and stainless steel substrates.
Easily applied in-plant or on-site
The simple equipment needs for wire spray coatings permit them to be applied almost anywhere. Typical portable applications include inside industrial boilers and on-site at oil refineries, pipelines, and petrochemical plants.
Your source for reliable thermal spray wires
We offer wires in a range of diameters optimized for combustion wire spray, electric arc wire spray, various spray guns, and specific applications. Depending upon the volume of your production, we offer different packaging sizes, ranging from single coils, spools, up to large large drums. Material options include pure metals, alloys, and composite cored wires to suit your surface requirement. Our products offer reliable quality and lot-to-lot consistency.
OEMs worldwide specify our well-known, respected brands: