OC Oerlikon Corporation AG, Pfäffikon, Switzerland and its group of companies (“Oerlikon”) is committed to safeguarding your privacy. This Data Privacy Notice describes the way Oerlikon processes the personal data that you share when you get in contact with us through this website or during your business relationship with us. This privacy notice does not apply to Oerlikon employees.
- Who is responsible for your data?
- What types of personal data do we collect, and how?
- Why do we collect personal Data?
- With whom do we share your personal data?
- Will your personal data be transferred abroad?
- How do we protect your personal data?
- For how long do we keep your data?
- What privacy choices do you have when navigating this website?
- What rights do you have in relation to your personal data and how can you exercise your rights?
- Changes to this Data Privacy Notice
Who is responsible for your personal data?
The legal entity responsible for the use of your personal data (so called “Data Controller”) depends on your relationship with us.
If you are a user of this website, the Data Controller is OC Oerlikon Management AG, Pfäffikon, Churerstrasse 120, 8808 Pfäffikon, Switzerland.
If you have a business relationship with us (e.g. actual or perspective customer etc.), the Data Controller is the legal entity you have signed the contract with (if you are a client) or are in contact with (if you are a prospective client).
What types of personal data do we collect and how?
When you navigate and use our website, we may collect personal data about you in the ways described below:
Personal data that you provide to us: We collect personal data that you enter forms or data fields on our website or online resources. Such information includes contact information (such as your full name, email address, postal address, country where you work, and telephone number), professional credentials, information about the company that you represent, communication preferences, the products of interest to you and your company, e-mails sent to media and investor relations, paper forms filled out during events such as fairs and picture of you when participating in such fairs and marketing events, and any other personal data that you voluntarily provide to us in the text of your enquiries using the contact forms and posts on our blog.
Personal data from other sources: Furthermore, when you enter into a business relationship with Oerlikon we collect information relevant for compliance with applicable laws and in particular trade control and export control regulations.
Why do we collect personal data?
When you get in contact with us, when you enter into a business relationship with us or just navigate our website, we collect, use, and process personal data about you. The collection, use, and processing of your personal data is done for the following purposes:
- To administer, operate, and maintain the normal functioning and security of this website;
- To answer your questions, requests, complaints;
- To improve our website and services
- To maintain our business relationship with you, by creating an account in our customer relationship management systems;
- To send you information about our products, services, events or our newsletter, in the case you have so requested;
- Grant you access to certain information or offerings;
- To communicate with you on other matters (to send you updates and security alerts).
We will seek your consent before collecting, processing and using your personal data where legally required. If we wish to use your personal data for other different purposes than those mentioned above, we will do it only if permitted by applicable laws or if you have consented to it.
On the basis of which legal ground do we collect your personal data?
We collect and use personal data about you through this website on the basis of the following legal grounds stated in the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR):
- Your consent (Article 6.1.a) of GDPR)
- This is the case when you ask for information about our products and services, events and/or subscribe to our newsletter. You can revoke your consent at any time;
- To take the necessary steps to enter into a contract with you or to fulfil our contractual obligations (Art. 6.1.b) GDPR):
- This is the case when you contact us through the website and that later, we enter a discussion or negotiation and that we need some information about you and the company you represent for such purpose;
- The necessity to pursue our legitimate interests (Art. 6.1.f) GDPR), especially:
- when we engage suppliers to obtain IT support for the storage, functioning or security of our website;
- when we respond to your questions online;
- when we enter your contact details in our CRM to maintain our business relationship with you;
- when we use personal data in order to improve our website and the way we interact with you;
- when we archive our communications, in order to defend our rights and interests before a court or regulator.
With whom do we share your personal data?
- Oerlikon group companies: Given the Global footprint of Oerlikon activity, organization and IT infrastructure, your personal data may be stored and accessed overseas for the purposes mentioned above. Oerlikon Information Technology (OIS), in Switzerland provides IT support for the day to day technical administration and management of this website. When you request information about products offered by one of our subsidiaries, your personal data may be shared with the concerned subsidiaries in order to properly answer your query.
- Third party service providers: We employ third party service providers engaged by us to perform certain tasks and services on our behalf and under our instructions. We use external service providers to help us with the administration and management of this website, to host our data centers, to deliver electronic communications, to assist us in preventing fraud and ensuring the security of the website and compliance with applicable laws in particular export control, ITAR, and trade control laws and regulations. Any third-party provider has access only to the personal data needed to perform its specific services. These third parties have entered into data processing agreements with us to only use the personal data for the agreed outsourcing purpose, to protect your data, and not to sell such data to other third parties.
- Social media platforms and tools: If you share the content of this website on social media and if you share your thoughts on our blog, your personal data may be seen by or shared with other users of the website, but only as required in connection with such functions.
- Courts, regulators and Law enforcement: Your personal data may be disclosed when we have a litigation with you and when we are legally required to disclose such personal data to a court, regulator, competent law enforcement authority. This includes cases in which we are required to respond to appropriate requests of legitimate government agencies or where required by applicable laws, court order, law enforcement, authorities and regulators.
We will not sell, share, or otherwise distribute your personal data to third parties except as indicated above.
Will your personal data be transferred abroad?
How do we protect your personal data?
Oerlikon has set up and maintain technical, physical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against the risks of accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access.
For how long do we keep your data?
What rights do you have in relation to your personal data and how can you exercise your rights?
You have the rights to:
- request information about what personal data is collected about you and how it is used by us and obtain a copy of it.
- request to correct or to erase your personal data if it is incomplete or incorrect. request restriction or to object to the processing of your personal data and require Oerlikon to not further process your personal data where you have a legitimate reason for doing so.
In order to exert the abovementioned rights, you can contact our Global Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. Please indicate in your email the Oerlikon legal entity you are in contact with, the purpose and scope of your request or concern, your contact details. If we have any doubt about your identity, we reserve the right to ask a copy of an ID for security reasons.
Please note that you can object at any time to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the end of our direct marketing emails;
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you are located or where your Data Controller is located, in circumstances where your personal data would not be used in compliance with applicable data protection law
Changes to this data privacy notice
If our Data Privacy Notice changes in any way, Oerlikon will place an updated version of the policy on this page, so that you are fully informed concerning the types of information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances it may be disclosed. Last update: April 2020.