The AlTiN-based BALIQ® ALTINOS is highly wear-resistant, even at high operating temperatures. The result: Very high thermal stability and long tool life, which means far fewer tool changes.
Moreover, with its perfectly smooth surface and cutting-edge quality, BALIQ® ALTINOS offers significant performance advantages such as optimum chip removal, reduced built-up edge formation, whilst, at the same time, providing outstanding adhesion to the substrate.
The high thermal stability and wear-resistance of the premium AlTiN-based coating are particularly beneficial when machining demanding materials, even when micro-machining steels up to HRC 56. The associated performance gains also lead to significant cost and time savings.
BALIQ® ALTINOS is perfectly suited for applications where indexable inserts, mills, drills and micro-tools are used:
- Reliable machining of critical and expensive workpieces, especially in micro-machining
- High micro-machining process reliability and efficiency
- Precise, high performance coating
- BALIQ® coatings are defect-free, eliminate the need for mechanical post-treatment (polishing)
- Sustainable coating, can be reconditioned
BALIQ® ALTINOS replaces the previously available coating BALIQ® MICRO ALTINOS providing the same properties and advantages.