Oerlikon Barmag is the global market leader in the development and production of spinning systems for synthetic fibers such as polyester, nylon and polypropylene, as well as draw-texturing machines.
Oerlikon Manmade Fibers, with the product brands Oerlikon Barmag and Oerlikon Neumag, is the world market leader for filament spinning systems, texturing machines and BCF carpet yarn, staple fiber spinning, as well as nonwovens solutions.
Oerlikon creates innovative industrial solutions for a better life.
We increase value through high-quality, innovative industrial solutions, continuously.
Market areas and core competencies
- Oerlikon Barmag has established itself as a successful niche-market supplier: winders for special yarns, special applications. Tape and monofilament systems are developed and manufactured at the Chemnitz site.
- In addition to plant design, spinning and texturing systems, our core competencies include the manufacture of components such as winders, pumps and godets.
- In the Oerlikon Barmag Technical Center in Remscheid, Germany, the largest of its type in the world, leading innovative processes and technological products are developed for tomorrow. The product range is rounded off by comprehensive after-sales service.
- Oerlikon Barmag's main markets are in Asia, particularly in China and Taiwan, the Near and Middle East, and in Europe. Accordingly, with about 8 000 employees in 120 countries with production, sales and service organizations, our company is close to the customer everywhere.
Products and solutions
- As the world market leader, Oerlikon Barmag looks back on many decades of development and production of highly productive and innovative spinning systems and texturing machines for the manmade fiber industry. This also comprises the development of components, such as winders, pumps and godets.
- The spinning systems and components are suitable for all fiber applications: POY, FDY, industrial yarns and others, e.g. HOY or LOY.
- Oerlikon Barmag plants are able to process a multitude of polymers, such as polyester, polyamide 6, polyamide 6.6 and polypropylene. In addition to textile fibers for the
production of clothes, the yarns produced on Oerlikon Barmag machines are also found in home textiles, in outdoor equipment and even in safety belts, airbags and car tires. Industrial yarns sometimes have to tolerate extreme stresses and fulfil stringent
safety requirements: variations in temperature, humidity, extreme dryness or friction, without losing their shape and resistance.
Oerlikon Barmag is also present in the upstream processes: With Barmag polycondensation systems, the filament yarn producer can reduce its dependency on the raw material supply and to largely determine independently the raw material characteristic. With more than 80 years of experience, Oerlikon Barmag knows the demands in the filament spinning sector well and transfers them into processoptimized work steps. From the monomer to the yarn - all from one source.