OC Oerlikon Corporation AG, Pfäffikon, Switzerland and its group of companies (“Oerlikon”) is committed to safeguarding your privacy. This Data Privacy Notice describes the way Oerlikon processes the personal data that you share when you get in contact with us through this website or during your business relationship with us. This privacy notice does not apply to Oerlikon employees.
- Who is responsible for your data?
- What types of personal data do we collect, and how?
- Why do we collect personal Data?
- With whom do we share your personal data?
- Will your personal data be transferred abroad?
- How do we protect your personal data?
- For how long do we keep your data?
- What privacy choices do you have when navigating this website?
- What rights do you have in relation to your personal data and how can you exercise your rights?
- Changes to this Data Privacy Notice
Who is responsible for your data?
The legal entity responsible for your data (so called “Data Controller”) depends on your relationship with us. If you are a user of our websites, the Data Controller is OC Oerlikon Management AG, Pfäffikon, Churerstrasse 120, 8808 Pfäffikon, Switzerland. If you have a business relationship with us (e.g. actual or perspective customer, supplier, external consultant, etc.), the Data Controller is the legal entity you have signed the contract with.
What types of personal data do we collect and how?
When you navigate and use our website, you may share your personal data with Oerlikon three ways:
Personal data that you provide to us: We collect personal data that you may enter into forms or data fields on our website or online resources. Such information includes contact information (such as your full name, email address, postal address, country where you work, and telephone number), professional credentials, information about the company that you represent, communication preferences, the products of interest to you and your company, e-mails sent to media and investor relations, paper forms filled out during events such as fairs and picture of you when participating in such fairs and marketing events, and any other personal data that you voluntarily provide to us in the text of your enquiries using the contact forms and posts on our blog. Some of our websites enable users to place orders: these websites may collect credit card information to process those orders.
Personal data from other sources: Furthermore, when you enter into a business relationship with Oerlikon we collect general background information, we collect any information relevant for compliance with trade control and export control regulations, or information collected during or after acquisitions or from public registries such as Commercial Registry.
Why do we collect personal data?
When you get in contact with us, when you enter into a business relationship with us or apply for a job within Oerlikon, or just navigate our website, we collect, use, and process personal data about you. The collection, use, and processing of your personal data is done for the following purposes:
- To maintain our business relationship with you, by creating an account in the CRM system;
- To process your orders and offer our customer support to your company;
- To answer your questions and respond to your requests, complaints, and when you get in contact with our media or investors relations;
- To improve our services;
- To administer, operate, and maintain the website;
- To enable you to use our social media resources. The social media resources currently available on our website are a blog and the referral functions to share website content with a friend or colleague via email or social media platforms. Please be aware that you should consider carefully what information about yourself you choose to share with others when you use social media resources;
- To send you marketing communications or our newsletter, in the case you have so requested or in the course of our business relationship;
- Grant you access to certain information or offerings;
- To communicate with you on other matters (to send you updates and security alerts);
- For the purposes you have specifically agreed to;
- To ensure that all data is protected from an information security point of view.
We will seek your consent before collecting, processing and using your personal data where legally required. If we wish to use your personal data for other different purposes than those mentioned above, we will do it only if permitted by applicable laws or if you have consented to it.
With whom do we share your personal data?
For the purposes mentioned in this Data Privacy Notice, your personal data is shared with the following categories of recipients:
- Oerlikon group companies: Oerlikon is a global organization, and your personal data will be accessed by Oerlikon employees in various sites in order to deliver you better services in an efficient way.
- Third party service providers: We employ third party service providers engaged by us to perform certain tasks and services on our behalf and under our instructions. We use external service providers to help us with our IT solutions, to host our data centers, to provide customer or payment services, to deliver electronic communications, to assist us in preventing fraud and to perform risk assessment, and to ensure compliance with export control, ITAR, and trade control laws and regulations. Any third party provider has access only to the personal data needed to perform its specific services. These third parties have entered into data processing agreements with us to only use the personal data for the agreed outsourcing purpose, to protect your data, and not to sell such data to other third parties.
- Social media platforms and tools: If you share the content of this website on social media and if you share your thoughts on our blog, your personal data may be seen by or shared with other users of the website, but only as required in connection with such functions.
- During Merger and Acquisition Operations: During business reorganizations or divestitures of our business through sale, mergers or acquisitions, personal data of customers and suppliers is be shared with actual or perspective purchasers.
- Courts and Law enforcement: We pass on your personal data if we are legally obliged to do so. This includes cases in which we are required to respond to appropriate requests of legitimate government agencies or where required by applicable laws, court order, law enforcement, authorities and regulators.
We will not sell, share, or otherwise distribute your personal data to third parties except as indicated above.
Will your personal data be transferred abroad?
Within the purposes mentioned in this Data Privacy Notice, and having the Oerlikon group a global footprint, your personal data may transferred to other countries (e.g., we rely in service providers to support our global operations, and when you request information about products offered by one of our subsidiaries located in a foreign country, your personal data may be shared to such subsidiaries in order to properly answer to your query), including whose data protection laws do not ensure an adequate level of data protection,. A list of countries where Oerlikon is located can be found at www.oerlikon.com. When your personal data is transferred we ensure that the international transfer is made in compliance with the applicable data protection law.
How do we protect your personal data?
Oerlikon has technical and organizational measures in place to protect your data, and uses technology, physical and information security precautions, rules and other procedures to safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access, alteration, loss, unauthorized distribution, and destruction.
For how long do we keep your data?
We will retain personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice. In addition, we keep certain personal data for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and in accordance with our data retention rules. Where it is no longer required to retain personal data to identify you, we will erase, anonymize or aggregate your information.
What privacy choices do you have?
No personal data collection: you may choose not provide personal information to us by electing not to fill in any data field, unless your identification is strictly necessary. Be aware that if you decide to uphold some necessary information, we may not be able to provide you with the requested services or functionality, or to respond to your query.
Limitations and options regarding uses of your personal data: some of our website online resources may request your permission to use and disclose your personal data in order to add you to our contact list or to allow you to receive our newsletter, or to receive updates on a particular topic. You can choose not to opt-in to those additional features. Additionally, you can change or withdrawn any consent you have given with future effect or use our opt-out options provided in our newsletter.
What rights do you have in relation to your personal data and how can you exercise your rights?
- To request information about what data is collected about you and how it is used, you can always contact us at privacy.corporate(at)oerlikon.com with your request.
- To request to correct or to erase your personal data if it is incomplete or incorrect. If you wish to make such a request or if you have any question or comment regarding this Data Privacy Notice, please contact us at privacy.corporate(at)oerlikon.com with your questions and suggestions.
- To request restriction or to object to the processing of your personal data and require Oerlikon to not further process your personal data where you have a legitimate reason for doing so, please contact us at privacy.corporate(at)oerlikon.com with your questions and suggestions.
- To lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority in the Country where you are located or where your Data Controller is located.
Changes to this data privacy notice
If our Data Privacy Notice changes in any way, Oerlikon will place an updated version of the policy on this page, so that you are fully informed concerning the types of information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances it may be disclosed. Last update: May 2018.