Oerlikon Metco | Westbury
The Process Operator sets up and operates all equipment within the production environment. Responsible for measuring and controlling product quality and making process changes within the scope of the standard operating procedures. Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- Reports to shift supervisor on production status, problems, and deviations.
- Reads and applies information contained in specifications to determine equipment settings that impact product outputs.
- Examine material in order to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Maintains processing reports to record and enter into batch records and databases.
- Ensure that correct materials are being utilized according production records and planner schedule.
- Identifies and labels all production materials in process at all times.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations and takes action to correct unsafe conditions where identified.
- Maintains department housekeeping standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Technical Trades School or associates degree required.
- Ability to service and build manufacturing equipment.
- Must be able to read/comprehend written and oral instruction in English.
- Must be able to communicate 1 on 1 and in small groups.
- Must have mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Must be able to use these abilities when working with weights and volumes.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of manufacturing experience
- Propose process improvements with regard to safety, quality, and productivity.
- Operates lift truck and other material handling equipment.
- Core Competencies include safety and housekeeping, quality of work, quantity of work, position and knowledge, initiative, teamwork, and attendance.
We have a great Benefits package including 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application!
- Advertised Since
P: +1 516 338 2560
Oerlikon Metco (US) Inc.
1101 Prospect Ave
11590-0201 Westbury, NY
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.