Toolmaker – Die Maintenance (3rd Shift)
Oerlikon Metco | Dayton, OH
Under general supervision: knowledgeable and knows how to build tools, dies, prototype parts, jogs, fixtures, and gauges to specified designs. Maintains the tooling to produce a production part within customer specification. Able to operate general shop equipment such as mills, lathes, grinders, etc.
- Must participate in annual training to update and document job related skills, including Core tool (SPC, MSA, and APQP & PFMEA) as applicable to the position.
- Review and detail assembly prints as required.
- Set up and operate machine tools to machine details, grinds details to specifications, and verifies detail's conformance to specifications.
- Compute dimensions and plans machining and assembly operations.
- Assemble the job per the design.
- Set up, try out, and finalize the job per specified design and part print conformance.
- Posess the knowledge and skills to review and troubleshoot the tool during the production run.
- Identify the problem areas and corrects the problem area so production can continue.
- Examine tools and dies to determine what needs to be sharpened, polished or repaired for the next production run.
- Must satisfy quality standards.
- Communicate ideas to improve the organization.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Vocational or Trade School Diploma preferred.
- Must have print reading, shop math and machining skills.
- Good mechanical dexterity.
- Experienced in use of micrometers and calipers.
- Five to seven years’ experience, toolmaker/die maintenance.
- Good math skills.
- Can clearly communicate orally and in writing, with attention to detail.
- Active participation in team and department meetings.
- High level of autonomy including independant thinking.
- Regular attendance, starts work on time, works the scheduled shift.
Willingness to work overtime when necessary.
- Stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to floor.
- Lift up to 35 pounds.
- Exert 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally.
- Exert up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Near acuity or accommodations as required for reading gauges, prints and precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action.
Oerlikon Friction Systems (US) Inc. is committed to total customer satisfaction. We expect the same commitment from our employees with regards to satisfaction, customer specific requirements, workmanship, and continual quality improvements.
Oerlikon Friction Systems (US) Inc. is also committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for its associates and all others visiting or working on our site. We expect all associates to actively participate in the protection of the health and safety of themselves and all others on the site as well as the conservation of resources and the protection of the environment.
If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then please send us your application.
- Advertised Since
Americas, USA, Central
Oerlikon Surface Solutions
240 Detrick St.
45404 Dayton, Ohio
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.