Metallographic Lab Tech - Level Ill
Oerlikon Metco | Westbury, NY
Middle level metallographic lab technologist is under the general direction from the lab supervisor and in dependently executes activities associated with metallographic evaluation of specimens with lab equipment in the MetallurgicalLab, provides training to colleagues, and achieves safety, productivity and quality goals. The level Illtechnologist is also responsible for initiating and executing specific process improvement projects.
The responsibility includes but not limited to the following:
- Metallographic preparation and evaluation of powders and coated specimens, including section, mount, grind and polish, adhesion testing, macro- and micro hardness testing, surface profilometry tests, microstructure and chemistry/phase analysis
- Support lab supervisor on the compliance with NADCAP
- Collect, collate and report in verbal or written form data as required Perform general maintenance of lab areas and equipment as assigned
- Maintain a high level of good housekeeping in accordance with 58 standards Assist lab supervisor on training for interns or new hires
- Initiate, lead and execute specific lab/process improvement projects
- Safe use of equipment, identify unsafe working environment within the lab
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbal and written form.
- Must be familiar with a metallurgicallaboratory environment and fully capable of all standard aspects of metallographic analysis including hardness testing, stereo-microscopy, cutting,mounting, polishing and etching of specimens, and inverted optical microscopy.
- Must have experience with preparation and micro-structural analysis of thermal spray coatings.
- Experience with advanced techniques such as surface-profilometry, Scanning Electron Microscopy, Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectroscopy, and Image Analysis systems.
- Ability of reading specifications, procedures and standards.
- Understanding of standard laboratory safety procedures in the handling of dangerous chemicals.
- Understanding of standard office computer software.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering required and/or equivalent years of working experience in a metallurgical laboratory.
We have a great Benefits package including tuition reimbursement and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application.
- Advertised Since
P: +1 516 338 2184
Oerlikon Metco (US) Inc.
1101 Prospect Ave
11590-0201 Westbury, NY
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.