Application Lab Intern
Surface Solutions Segment | Balzers
Application Lab Intern
Oerlikon Balzers is one of the world’s leading suppliers of surface technologies that significantly improve the performance and durability of precision components as well as tools for the metal and plastics processing industries. Oerlikon Balzers operates a dynamically growing network of more than 100 coating centres in 35 countries in Europe, the Americas and Asia.
With centres in the US, European and Asian markets, the global Customer Solution Center (CSC) team develops new innovative solutions in partnership with customers active in the Aero, Power Generation and Medical industry segments. The role of the CSC Precision Components (CSC PrC) team is to ensure that the developed solutions are production ready worldwide.
We are looking for an intern for the CSC Precision Components Application Lab located in Balzers, Liechtenstein. The internship duration will be for 6 months
The Application Lab Intern will be in charge of conducting wear tests of thin-film coatings. The Application Lab consists of a set of tribological lab-scale test rigs used for the wear assessment of coatings. The Application Lab Intern is responsible for testing activities conducted for external as well as for internal customers such as R&D project leaders, product managers, marketing and sales.
- Conduct high temperature solid particle erosion tests of thin-film coatings
- Wear measurement by 3D confocal microscopy
- Operate metrology tools for characterization of coatings
- Follow standard testing procedures and interpret customer specifications
- Maintain all tests parameters and results in a database system
- Summary of benchmark tests in form of product flyers, in agreement with marketing and sales
- An internship report is expected at the end of the training period
- Previous experience in the field of wear testing and thin-film coatings is a plus
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and database applications
- Individual must have strong work ethic, be detail-oriented, and creative
- Must be able to work in an environment with minimal supervision
- English knowledge, German is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.