Procurement Manager, Americas
Surface Solutions Segment | Schaumburg, IL
Position Title: Procurement Manager, Americas
Locations: Schaumburg, IL
As an experienced Regional Procurement Manager, you will be able to manage the company’s sourcing of equipment, goods and services. The Regional Procurement Manager responsibilities include strategising to find cost-effective deals and suppliers. The Regional Procurement Manager’s duty is to discover the best ways to cut procurement expenses, so that the company can invest in growth and people. It is essential that the person filling this role show a good understanding of the processes necessary for this role as well as all compliance topics relating to the role. The position involves being a member of the management team and taking part in regular management meetings to represent procurement.
- Coordinate with all sites within the region Americas to optimise and streamline the Procurement process with a view to reducing costs, improving quality and timely delivery.
- Work closely with Operative Procurement to ensure Global Processes are effective within daily business and diverse Projects.
- Create regional procurement plans in alignment with Global Procurement Strategy.
- Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies in support of all internal customers.
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Manage and Optimise MRO (Maintenance, Repair, Operations) within the region using web based software (i.e. SAP Ariba).
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms and conditions globally and regionally.
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks
- Track, monitor and report KPIs (e.g. savings, supplier quality, supplier on-time-delivery) to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Report regularly on Regional procurement activities
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Identify hiring needs for Procurement within the Region.
- Represent own organization in regional IM Council Americas
- As part of the Management Team regular attendance of reporting meetings are essential
- Proven working experience as a Procurement Manager, Procurement Officer or Head of Procurement (min. 10 years)
- Experience with ERP system, preferably SAP MM Module or MS Navision
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Professional experience in Category Management and Project Management
- Experience in negotiations and networking
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software
- Experience in collecting and analysing data
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to Travel
- Experience with different cultures within an international company and externally.
- University degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.