Surface Solutions Segment | Plymouth
Position: Controls Engineer
Location: Plymouth, MI
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, amterials, and services. With a dynamically growing network of over 30 locations worldwide, Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team.
Position Summary and Essential Duties:
The Primary responsibility of the Controls Engineer is to use good engineering practices to improve production processes with regards to safety, health, environmental, quality, and productivity, while minimizing waste and costs. The Controls Engineer will typically serves as a memeber of team leadership and possesses a thorough understanding of PLC’s, HMI’s, and interfacing to extract information that will improve production and process. The Controls Engineer will also need to possess the ability to program, rewrite programs, replace electrical componets, and diagnose integrated systems. A deep understanding of control logic and control processes is necessary, as is the accuracy and attention to detail. The Controls Engineer will be challenged to support the day-to-day operational business needs while pursuing mid-term goals/projects for continuious process and productivity improvements.
- Ensure health, safety, environmental, quality, and productivity goals are met using good engineering pratices
- Gather process data. Analyze process capabilities and efficiencies. Attain and improve processes, quality, and productivity targets through engineering and slection of process equipment, instruments, and parameters.
- Review, evaluate and/or recommend materials, instruments, and equipment
- Analyze root cause of variability, non-conformances and/or complaints. Implement corrective and preventive actions to eliminate recurrence using quality engineering toolboxes
- Support site initiatives in production improvements, inventory reduction, cost, and lead-time
- Support capital projects so that they are are on time and on budget
- Support special projects as needed by senior management
- Liaison with vendors and cotractors regarding projects and improvement activities
- Provide technical training to process operators and lead persons where applicable
- Design calculations and prepare equipment or material specifications for electrical and electronic based systems
- Manage the design and installation of electrical equipment including electricl power distrubition systems, PLC’s, instrumention, variable speed AC and DC drives
- Work with Maintenance planner to schedule electrical projects
- Develop clear and concise operator instruction manuals
- B.S, Engineering
- Electrical and PLC programing background (must provide proof)
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Read and interpret operating manuals and drawings for equipment and instruments
- Construct and interpret piping & instrumention diagrams and process flow diagrams
- Implement calibrtion protocols and device tracking
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excell, and SAP software
- Have no Physical restrictions, so work can be preformed in an manufacturing enviroment
- Must be a US citizen or Green Card holder
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.