Assistant Production Manager
Surface Solutions Segment | Agawam
Job Title: Assitant Production Manager
Location: Agawan, MA
The Assistant Production Manager manages day-to-day activities that include overseeing quality, production schedules, customer service, resource management (delivery routes, labor and equipment utilization, etc). Ensure all required health and safety requirements are met and followed as prescribed. Instill HSE culture in all employees. Provide hands-on production support when needed to process products through production. Establish close relationships with customers in order to meet or exceed their service needs. This may include working with and understanding customer needs, expediting orders, and resolving customer issues. Ensuring customer satisfaction by the administration of quality systems and adherence to production and maintenance standards. Aids Manager in working to establish a well-trained, highly motivated and effective work force. Develop an effective shift model to meet customer needs; provide input to batch planning, maintenance schedule, etc. Support the Manager in employee development, appraisals, cross training and flexibility. Ensure employees are following production standards.
- Responsible for developing a very close relationship with Customers in order to provide superior customer service
- Interact with Customers to maintain effective working relationships
- Support daily management of Center Production Activities including Management/Implementation of Corporate and BHQ Directives/initiatives, Administration and Adherence to Quality and Safety systems at Center Level
- Support activities for motivating, coaching, and developing employees
- Assist in controlling costs related to doing business relative to his/her production location
- Assists in developing and maintaining a team atmosphere
- Supports ethical leadership
- Successful candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related degree
- 3-5 experience with managing production outcomes according to customer specifications with 1-3 years supervisory experience.
- Previous coating industry experience highly preferred.
- Previous success working manufacturing production cycles to meet or exceed delivery dates is essential in this role.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1,350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.
- Advertised Since
P: +1 516 338 2184
Oerlikon Metco (US) Inc.
1101 Prospect Ave
11590-0201 Westbury, NY
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.