Assistant Production Manager
Surface Solutions Segment | Agawam
Location - Agawam, MA
Assistant Production Manager
The Assistant Production Manager manages day-to-day activities that include overseeing quality, production schedules, customer service, resource management (delivery routes, labor and equipment utilization, etc). Additionally, the Assistant Manager provides general oversight of the following:
- Ensure all required health and safety requirements are met and followed as prescribed. Instill HSE culture in all employees.
- Provide hands-on production support when needed to process products through production.
- Establish close relationships with customers in order to meet or exceed their service needs. This may include working with and understanding customer needs, expediting orders, and resolving customer issues.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction by the administration of quality systems and adherence to production and maintenance standards. Aids Manager in working to establish a well-trained, highly motivated and effective work force.
- Develop an effective shift model to meet customer needs; provide input to batch planning, maintenance schedule, etc.
- Support the Manager in employee development, appraisals, cross training and flexibility. Ensure employees are following production standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing a very close relationship with Customers in order to provide superior customer service
- Interact with Customers to maintain effective working relationships
- Support daily management of Center Production Activities including Management/Implementation of Corporate and BHQ Directives/initiatives, Administration and Adherence to Quality and Safety systems at Center Level
- Support activities for motivating, coaching, and developing employees
- Assist in controlling costs related to doing business relative to his/her production location
- Assists in developing and maintaining a team atmosphere
- Supports ethical leadership
Successful candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related degree and 3-5 experience with managing production outcomes according to customer specifications (previous coating industry experience highly preferred) with 1-3 years supervisory experience. Previous success working manufacturing production cycles to meet or exceed delivery dates is essential in this role.
- Advertised Since
P: +1 516 338 2184
Oerlikon Metco (US) Inc.
1101 Prospect Ave
11590-0201 Westbury, NY
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.