Design Engineer (m/f) - Additive Manufacturing
Surface Solutions Segment | Munich
We are looking for a Design Engineer (m/f) – Additive Manufacturing based in Munich (Germany). As part of the new Additive Manufacturing Business Unit, you will report to our Global Head of Additive Manufacturing Service Expansion Europe. This position is primarily responsible for additive manufacturing design engineering (design for AM, design optimization, simulation).
- Develop and practice ‘simulation based design’ methodologies in product design (e.g. using FEA and CFD etc.
- Specialties may include dynamics and loads, stability and stress fatigue, thermal analysis and CFD analysis
- Assist in the definition and development of engineering materials and processes best practice
- Assist in developing new engineering models in support of new product development
- Develop structural engineering specifications involving existing and new metal alloys for product design
- Damage tolerance, durability, design allowable and structural modelling
- Identify concepts/technologies for new product developments
- Test specification writing and implementation, when necessary.
- Minimum of an engineering related degree ( or equivalent qualifications / experience )
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in aerospace, automotive or power generation product design
- Experience with 3D CAD modelling with software such as CATIA, Siemens NX, Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire
- Experience in designing for Additive Manufacturing with pre- and post-processing know-how
- Knowledge of GD&T and Component design (Aero-structures preferred)
- Understanding materials technologies in engineering analysis would be advantageous
- 3D Finite Element Modelling using tools such as Altair / ANSYS / NASTRAN / ABAQUS preferred
- Knowledge of programming language such as Matlab or Python preferred
- Experience of problem understanding, innovative problem solving and developing effective solutions
- Interested in developing skills in FEA and optimization
- Willing to explore new design tools and design methodologies
- Excellent knowledge of English language; German would be a plus
- Become a leader in an industry that is revolutionizing manufacturing
- Experience a startup environment within a leading global technology group
- Be part of an agile, innovative and passionate team
- Accelerate your career in a growing business unit
- Join a global cross-cultural and collaborative workplace
Why Additive Manufacturing?
We see Additive Manufacturing as a game changer in many industries over the next years and our ambition is to become the leading integrated provider of materials, design expertise and production service for advanced metal AM components.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in surface solutions, advanced materials and materials processing.
A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13 500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015.
- Advertised Since
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.