Key Account Manager
Surface Solutions Segment | Midwest
Position: Sales Engineer, Key Account Manager
Location, Chicago, IL
(Midwest - Remote Work OK)
Oerlikon Metco is seeking a motivated Account Manager to focus on our Industrial customer segment. The Account Manager will work in our fast paced, expanding sales team to drive proactive value creation and revenue generation for our services and products. In this consultative-based selling role you will work with strategic and prospective Industrial customers in Midwest to find and close sales opportunities through active selling. This includes but is not limited to lead qualification, opportunity management, and key account management. This position requires an individual with strong strategic and technical selling skills who is able to collaborate with customer engineers and management to drive value-based solutions and lasting business partnerships.
Our ideal candidate has the ability to create and close deals that are technical by nature. In addition, they will be able to identify our clients’ key initiatives and develop sales strategies to deliver long term value to the client and Oerlikon Metco. They must exhibit a strong customer satisfaction mentality, work ethic, and drive to succeed. This technical sales professional must have an energetic, enthusiastic outlook, and enjoy learning and problem solving as part of a growing team.
- Perform B2B sales activities from lead generation through closure within the Industrial segment
- Promote and sell coating solutions materials and equipment including Thermal Spray, Laser Clad, Welding, and Thin Film technologies
- Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential
- Develop & maintain strong customer relationships with decision makers at key accounts
- Create and maintain account plans for existing customers; highlighting profile, market share, competition, and value opportunities
- Formulate strategies for building and growing the accounts and maximizing their potential value
- Research, gather, analyze, maintain and disseminate information about assigned accounts; develop exceptional knowledge of the customer and competitors and be well versed in the customer’s problems, initiatives, goals, needs, and issues
- Coordinate sales efforts with sales management, accounting, and technical services groups
- Provide regular sales forecasts and appropriate feedback from the field utilizing MS CRM
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical discipline
- Five to ten years of technical sales and key account management experience serving Industrial Markets, with a proven track record of success in Construction and Agriculture market
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills and the ability to work in a team oriented organization
- Technical Sales to Industrial customers: 5+ years
- Bachelor's Degree
- MBA highly desirable
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1,350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of over 30 locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, retirement security contribution and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.
- Advertised Since
P: +1 516 338 2184
Oerlikon Metco (US) Inc.
1101 Prospect Ave
11590-0201 Westbury, NY
Import as VCF
With your application you agree that your personal data for the purpose of personnel planning and the development of your career will be used by a third party employed by the OC Oerlikon Corporation. In line with the usage of these data access is granted for a third party outside the area of validity of the EG directive. We will take care that your rights according to EG guidelines will be granted within such a further use. Hereby we inform you that you have the right/request of information about the further use as well as about content and structuring of your personal data. You can recall your agreement at any time.