Why do so many experts find materials fascinating?
In the latest issue of BEYOND SURFACES, we turn our attention to this topic. Dive into the world of materials and discover their role in additive manufacturing. Find out why many of our everyday conveniences were only made possible thanks to innovations in the materials sector.
Further highlights include:
- Shawn Kelly, Head AM Competence Center in Charlotte, talks about his passion for AM.
- Some 600 visionaries, technologists and users discussed the future of additive manufacturing at the 1st Munich Technology Conference (MTC1).
- Read how Oerlikon helps the start-up Urwahn Engineering realize their urban cycling dream with rapid prototyping.
- Prof. Kenneth Vecchio from Jacobs School of Engineering, UCSD, talks about his work on nano materials engineering and why it’s the key to most modern innovations.
- The students from TU Delft, Netherlands, build rockets and send them into space. Learn how Oerlikon supports their mission with advanced materials for 3D printing.
- Scoperta, the newest member of the Oerlikon Group, developed a truly fascinating software using big data to develop new materials. Find out how it works!