The battery of an electric car is not only the largest component in terms of space, but also the most expensive. The various components need to fulfil important tasks. High-precision forming tools are key elements in successful e-mobility battery manufacturing.
For battery modules and packs, whether aluminium, steel or plastic, Oerlikon Balzers has surface solutions for your forming technologies to reduce weight and increase functionality:
- Battery and electric motor housing by HPDC
- Battery housing tray
- Battery frame
- Battery lower protection cover
Aluminium is an essential material for the electrification of the automotive industry. From battery electrodes to battery thermal management systems to lightweight car body panels, Oerlikon Balzers has solutions to give you the tool performance you need.
- Reduce aluminium sticking
- Protect the tools‘ functional areas against wear and increase service life
- Improve part quality by eliminating burrs and keeping the press lines free of aluminium dust
Optimised tools and production processes keep production costs under control, thanks to surface solutions from Oerlikon Balzers.
- Reduce scrap rate
- Minimise down time by reducing maintenance frequency
- Uniform coating thickness on the functional area to meet tight tool tolerances
- Maintain scratch-free polished surfaces for longer