Why degassing before coating?
The basis for optimum adhesion of PVD coatings is a substrate that is free of dust, dirt, oil, fingerprints and other contaminants not only on the surface, but also inside the material. Therefore, some parts must be degassed at up to 400°C before coating.
The METAPLAS.DEGAS kila degasses substrates under vacuum at high temperatures. This process effectively cleans the substrate, thus enabling the best possible adhesion of the coating, and also shortens the subsequent coating process in the PVD system. Thus, the cleaning and degassing residues will not remain in the PVD system, reducing maintenance and cleaning requirements significantly.
- Efficiency increase of the PVD coating process by up to 20%
- Improved coating adhesion and reduced PVD cycle times
- Precise temperature control
- Easy handling and operation
- Energy-efficient system
- Minimal cleaning effort due to easily removable protective shield sheets