ICT System Specialist
. We are looking for ICT System Specialist for Network Services _ WLAN to provide quality technical support to our internal users/customers.
- Responsible to investigate the effects of new software components and give recommendations regarding to the whole system.
- Evaluate hardware, operating standards, communication and universal software.
- Responsible to install, generate, edit, interact, test and share new operating, universal and standard software.
- Clarify and resolve faculty systems. Define and/or create system backup measures, checklist, change and problem management as well as regulations regarding backup and data backup.
- Enhance installation and transfer processes and ensure there is a system documentation and guidelines are followed.
- Assist, support and guide system developers and users regarding all the technical issues.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies in order to provide & implement technically accurate solutions as per defined SLA.
- Create standard procedures, escalation procedures and rules for workflow in case of an extraordinary measures (recovery/restart). Lead through the reconstruction and recovery measures.
- Realize concepts for tuning up and performance tasks as well as for identification and remedying failure regarding to hardware, software and communication components.
- Support continuous improvement plans through feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
- Must be willing to work in rotational shifts (AMER/APAC/EMEA).
Academic Qualifications, Certifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Network Services
- CCNP preferred or equivalent qualification
- Excellent customer and service orientation approach to handle the technical problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Problem Solving and Analytical Approach
- Should possess high level of self-initiative attitude and drive to get things done within SLA/OLA.
- Must be able to be willing to work in rotational shift environment (AMER/APAC/EMEA)
- Willing to travel internationally up to 10 percent as when required
Required Technical Skills:
- Must have experience with Cisco Network Routing, Switching and Wireless LAN Controllers
- Must have the knowledge and experience to design and support wireless voice and data networks Must demonstrate solid understanding of 802.11 protocols
- Must have experience with Wireless survey tools (Ekahau preferred)
- Must have experience. with predictive and physical survey techniques
- Knowledge with AWS Networking is an advantage
Oerlikon is a global technology group with a clear mission: to become the leading provider of surface solutions, advanced materials and materials processing.
Oerlikon (SIX: OERL) engineers materials, equipment and surfaces and provides expert services to enable customers to have high-performance products and systems with extended lifespans.
Drawing on its key technological competencies and strong financial foundation, the Group is sustaining mid-term growth by executing three strategic drivers: addressing attractive growth markets, securing structural growth and expanding through targeted mergers and acquisitions.
A leading global technology and engineering Group, Oerlikon operates its business in two Segments – Surface Solutions and Manmade Fibers – and has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Sustainability is a living principle for Oerlikon. See:
#SustainableOerlikon #Sustainability #sustainabilityreporting