Distribution Center Associate
Our Distribution Center Associate will be responsible for picking, packing, staging and loading customer orders, unloading and sorting product deliveries and organizing and maintaining existing inventory. This position will report to the Logistics Supervisor.
- Filling orders from the bulk, flow rack, and carousel areas of the distribution center.
- Logging package delivery instructions into shipping systems accurately and efficiently.
- Wrapping and labeling packages.
- Preparing hazardous material shipping papers and reports according to DOT guidelines.
- Checking outbound orders for accuracy.
- Operating a forklift to stock and pick products in bulk racking areas.
- Receiving inbound freight shipments and ensuring accurate counts.
- Receiving, researching, and processing products returned from customers for credit.
- Stocking products in the carousel, flow rack, and bulk areas of the distribution center.
- Utilize and operate RF Scanner Technology and Transportation Management System (TMS) Software to pick, pack and ship customer orders.
- Operating SAP/ERP and Warehouse Management Software (WMS) computer systems to confirm product inventory.
- Using Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Internet Explorer for information retrieval and communication.
- Performs other duties as assigned that would lead to successful operation of department, team and/or mission.
- Adhere to all safety requirements associated with assigned duties and work location
- Keeping work area clean and organized to ensure it is ‘tour ready’ at all times.
- Ability to interact respectfully with clients, manufacturing partners, and other Oerlikon Metco associates to facilitate an exceptional client experience.
- Respectfully communicate in person, over the phone and through email to effectively resolve discrepancies.
- Efficiently and accurately prioritize and complete tasks independently with little supervision.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
- Work with a sense of urgency at all times.
- Ability to maintain an acceptable attendance record in accordance with Oerlikon Metco policy.
- Lift boxes weighing 50 pounds from a floor location routinely.
- Introductory level experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge equivalent to high school, industrial or trade training. Must be able to read and understand instructions effectively
- 3-5 years of Distribution Center/Warehouse Associate or Shipping/Receiving experience involving picking, packing and put away of materials in production operations.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.6 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.