Every two years the world’s aircraft industry meets in Paris to present their innovations, discuss new ideas and strike major deals. The 52nd Paris Air Show attracted 322 000 visitors and 2 381 exhibitors.
Here are some facts and figures around the show:
- Floor space: 54 000 sqm of stands
- Outside space: 40 000 sqm
- National pavilions: 27
- Number of aircrafts displayed: 140
- Business deals: 150 billion dollars’ worth of orders (new record!)
- Delegations: 290 official delegations from 98 countries and 7 international organizations
Oerlikon was proud to display new solutions that maximize operational efficiency and safety in the aerospace industry. Aerospace components must withstand extreme conditions like pressure, wear, corrosion, thermal effects, erosion and greater loads, and at the same time, be light and provide low friction. Our complimentary high-end solutions of functional coatings, advanced materials, turbine components and 3D metal printing fulfill these requirements and set new standards.
A special highlight was the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding with GE Additive to jointly accelerate the industrialization of additive manufacturing.
Watch the video to see impressions from the world’s biggest aerospace fair: