Up To 400% Efficiency Gain Without Compromise
When our customers challenged us to improve the efficiency of their plasma spray process, we revolutionized the heart of the system with efficiency gains of 60% to 400%.
Benefits gained with Oerlikon’s cascading arc technology
- Considerably higher spray rates that reduce processing time without compromising coating deposit efficiency or quality
- TriplexPro-210: Up to 400% efficiency improvement and up to 200 hours spray time with little to no process drift
- SinplexPro: Typically 60% to 170% efficiency improvement and up to 100 hours spray time with little to no process drift
- Improved deposit efficiency
- Reduced process drift which improves process reliability
- Longer life of replaceable gun components, further decreasing processing costs
Why conventional plasma spray technology needed improvement
In conventional plasma spray guns, a complex interdependence of the process gases and the plasma arc cause temperature and energy variations within the plasma jet. This results in non-uniform heating of the feedstock powder particles, limiting the amount of powder that can be effectively fed into the plasma jet.
Why cascading arc technology is more efficient
With cascading arc technology, the plasma arc is independent of the gas type and flow, resulting in a more homogeneous heating of the plasma particles. Maximum benefits are achieved using the TriplexPro triple-cathode gun. The SinplexPro single cathode gun provides excellent results with minimal investment cost.