Ground engaging tools (GETs) such as bucket teeth, cutting edge shroud or track pad grousers are constantly subject to impact, high and low stress abrasion and high and low stress gouging. Oerlikon Metco’s unique new computationally developed ferrous-based welding alloys provide unparalleled impact resistance while saving cost and improving efficiency.
Oerlikon Metco’s new material solutions solve your need for materials that enhance performance and extend GET service life. They are not only designed to perform similar to tungsten carbide (WC)-based materials — they excel through lower crack susceptibility or even crack-free performance.
Weld On-site — With Conventional GMAW (MIG) Equipment
As a leader in the development of materials for the hard-rock mining sector, we also know about the importance to weld on-site. Therefore, our GET materials can be applied using conventional GMAW welding equipment.
- High wear resistance and high impact resistance increase service life by 30% to 300% depending on the application
- Less frequent changeout of components reduce machine downtime, lower labor costs and allow for lower overall maintenance cost
- Increased digging efficiency
- Hardfacing maintains the designed geometry of the GET, minimizing “blunting”
- Increased efficiencies, lower changeout costs, and reduced logistical burden result in lower costs per hour of digging and lower cost per ton of ore processed
- Easier application: only one material is needed, and it can be applied using standard GMAW welding equipment
Key GMAW Materials
Key PTA Laser Materials