Vertical Lead Business Development (m/f/d) - Power Generation, Oil & Gas Industry (AM)
We are looking for a Vertical Lead Business Development (m/f/d) for Additive Manufacturing (AM) in the Power Generation, Oil & Gas Industry based in Feldkirchen near Munich.
As Vertical Lead Business Development (m/f/d) you are responsible for identifying customer and market opportunities for Additive Manufacturing Services within the Power Generation, Oil & Gas Industry, as well as developing action plans based on Oerlikon capabilities and engaging customers to accomplish your sales objectives. This is a leadership position requiring deep experience and, importantly, a strong, established and extensive network in the Power Generation, Oil & Gas Industry. As part of the AM Business Unit, you will report to the Global Head of Sales.
- Defining the global strategy in alignment with Global Head of Sales and Business Development Management (BDM) as well as other Oerlikon AM functions
- Executing sales strategies and tactics e.g. responding to RFI´s, RFP´s and RFQ´s from OEMs and leading the bid response process
- Providing a rolling forecast (RFC) to the production sites
- Developing personal business targets to regional BDM in agreement with Global Head of Sales
- Supporting the regional assigned BDM by
- Identifying potential OEMs, sub-system manufacturers and equipment manufacturers (Tier 2 and 3) as prospects
- Identifying potential components in the Global Power Generation and Oil & Gas Industry that could be transitioned to AM
- Join visits at major customers
- Maintaining a long list of customers
- Developing a sales pipeline to meet and exceed sales budget targets
- Creating a Customer Opportunity Plan – identifying customer buying options, business drivers, decision-makers and identifying potential opportunities to differentiate
- Actively identifying and executing customer binding strategies – long term agreements, collaboration agreements, memorandum of understandings (MoUs).
- Attending and presenting independently at global conferences & tradeshows to network, generate contacts and build awareness
- As a market specialist provide information exchange and trainings within Oerlikons AM organization
- University degree in manufacturing technology or other technical/engineering degree (further education in business administration would be a strong positive)
- Significant (10+ years) experience in the Power Generation and Oil & Gas Industry, in either a technical or commercial role (preferably both)
- Experience in Sales and Business Development to an OEM in the Power Generation and Oil & Gas Industry as a direct supplier of components and experience with Project Management Processes or acted as Project Manager for major projects
- Proven leader in the industry and track record in managing a global team
- Experience in Additive Manufacturing production services, components engineering, manufacturing to print or applications engineering would be considered a strong plus
- Self-driven, open and positive mind set with experience in an international and cross-cultural business environment
- Strong technical knowledge
- Flexible to travel internationally
- Fluent in English; other languages would be beneficial
- Be part of a global technology company with a leading position in the AM market
- Become a leader in a rapidly growing industry that is revolutionizing manufacturing
- Be part of an agile, innovative and passionate team
- Accelerate your career in a growing business unit
- Join a global cross-cultural and collaborative workplace
Can you identify with this position and are you looking for a new challenge? Then we are eager to meet you! Please apply online via our online tool and we kindly ask you not to send your application via email. All applications will be treated as confidential.
Why Additive Manufacturing?
We see Additive Manufacturing as a game changer in many industries over the next years and our ambition is to become the leading integrated provider of materials, design expertise and production service for advanced metal AM components.
Oerlikon engineers materials, equipment and surfaces and provides expert services to enable customers to have high-performance products and systems with extended lifespans. Drawing on its key technological competencies and strong financial foundation, the Group is sustaining mid-term growth by executing three strategic drivers: addressing attractive growth markets, securing structural growth, and expanding through targeted M&A. A leading global technology and engineering Group, Oerlikon operates its business in three Segments (Surface Solutions, Manmade Fibers and Drive Systems) and has a global footprint of around 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries. In 2017, Oerlikon generated CHF 2.8 billion in sales and invested CHF 107 million in R&D.