Toolmaker - Die Maintenance
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Under general supervision: knowledgeable and knows how to build tools, dies, prototype parts, jogs, fixtures, and gauges to specified designs. Maintains the tooling to produce a production part within customer specification. Able to operate general shop equipment such as mills, lathes, grinders, etc.
- Must participate in annual training to update and document job related skills, including Core tool (SPC, MSA, and APQP & PFMEA) as applicable to the position.
- Reviews and details assembly prints as required.
- Sets up and operates machine tools to machine details, grinds details to specifications, and verifies detail's conformance to specifications.
- Computes dimensions and plans machining and assembly operations.
- Assembles the job per the design.
- Sets up, tries out, and finalizes the job per specified design and part print conformance.
- Has the knowledge and skills to review and troubleshoot the tool during the production run.
- Identifies the problem areas and corrects the problem area so production can continue.
- Examines tools and dies to determine what needs to be sharpened, polished or repaired for the next production run.
- Must satisfy quality standards.
- Communicates ideas to improve the organization.
- Can clearly communicate orally and in writing.
- Regular attendance, starts work on time, works the scheduled shift.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational or Trade School Diploma preferred
- Must have print reading, shop math and machining skills
- Good mechanical dexterity
- Experienced in use of micrometers and calipers
- Two to five years’ experience in die maintenance
- Good math skills
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Friction Systems enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Friction Systems serves industries such as automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Friction Systems is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Friction Systems to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Friction Systems is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.