The Technician will work a hybrid role within the production and HSE functions.
The Technician will perform tasks supporting HSE programs and the direct production of parts serving our customers. With the supervision of the HSE/Quality Manager, the primary focus of the HSE and Operations Technician will be to deploy HSE programs and support creating a culture focused on HSE compliance. To supplement responsibilities and develop cross training opportunities the HSE and Operations technician will perform tasks to operate equipment in powder preparation, AM printing, post processing, heat treatment, waste management, and quality testing based on the direction of the HSE/Quality Manager.
- Train and support powder preparation, AM printing, post processing, heat treatment, waste handling, and quality testing under the direction of the HSE/Quality Manager.
- Support deployment of corporate HSE policy for the Huntersville location.
- Lead HSE audits and complete regular safety walks (SOT).
- Schedule meetings to track and monitor corrective actions related to HSE audit findings.
- Track HSE KPI’s and work with the Leadership team on safety suggestions.
- Coordinate investigation and reporting of safety observations, near misses, and work incidents.
- Record and track approved facility chemical list.
- Retain current SDS documents for approved chemicals.
- Record and track waste generation, specifically hazmat.
- Support procedural handling and disposal.
- Track and provide HSE reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Complete assigned HSE training (OSHA, NFPA, Hazmat, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Self starter energized by opportunities to lead tasks, learn, and build a team environment.
- User level computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently and to develop HSE related processes proactively.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Oerlikon AM is spearheading the revolution that is Additive Manufacturing. We have gathered together a dynamic team with deep industrial knowledge, backed with state of the art facilities worldwide, built specifically for AM. We can provide AM solutions in metal alloys, ceramics and plastic materials. We can support our own AM printing capability with our own metal powder production, research and development, component design, application engineering and finishing. We are pioneering AM for all scales of manufacture from 1 part to series production runs lasting decades, and across all industries.. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, retirement security contribution and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - please send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon AM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon AM to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon AM is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.
Sustainability is a living principle for Oerlikon.