Talent Acquisition Manager
We have an exciting and dynamic opening for a Talent Acquisition Manager who will play an instrumental part in building our most important asset which is our people! You will work within a global team of existing specialists, with internal and external vendors and candidates as directed to support sourcing and selection processes and building the candidate experience; often providing candidates with their first impression of Oerlikon. You will lead full cycle hiring processes and partner closely with hiring managers and members of the HR Team to address staffing needs making sure we continually build the best team and culture for our employees.
The role will report directly to the Global Head of Talent Acquisition.
The preferred location for this role is Schaumburg, IL, or Huntersville,NC, but we are open to other US locations.
- Aligned to global strategies, technologies and procedures, developing and implementing attraction and sourcing approaches, applying market and cultural insights to shape local attraction initiatives and build a strong talent pipeline, creating an aggressive and bold sourcing strategy with existing global and if needed specific local social media channels, bodies of knowledge agencies, beyond post/pray methods.
- Delivering a market-leading and tailored candidate experience following in place processes to attract talent and promote the global employer brand. Act as the brand ambassador, the first point of contact to potential new employees; represent the Brand, build candidate trust.
- Responsible for development and management of regional college/university/trade school branding strategies
- Delivering operational excellence making best use of enabling technology/systems (i.e. applicant tracking, eRecruitment, HRIS and other tools etc.,)
- Ensuring compliance and integrity to Oerlikon standards for recruitment practices and alignment to HR processes (i.e. salary structure, branding, D&I, on-boarding, assessments, etc.,)
- Follow and promote internal processes; identify best practices and contribute to the improvement of Oerlikon strategy in talent acquisition, share ideas
- Actively work toward building a diverse and qualified team to support the organization
- Report out KPI’s – i.e. (time to fill and on time delivery metrics)
- Willingness to travel
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred in Human Resources
- Five or more years of recruitment and sourcing experience with special emphasis on using unique sourcing skills and recruitments practices to identify, engage, and convert the best talent into Oerlikon employees.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and personal accountability with great attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills and multitasking capabilities, self-directed with the ability to work effectively in a team setting.
- Comprehensive behavioral based interviewing and candidate assessment skills
- Experience in developing and managing university recruiting strategies
- Experience in TA systems such as Applicant Tracking Systems and CRMs (SuccessFactors preferred)
- Demonstrated proficiency with the standard features of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Amazing medical benefits where the deductibles are low and the company pays majority of the premium
- Tons of voluntarily benefits to choose from
- We have great vacation and personal time off
- 401K with great company match
- Tuition Reimbursement for your love of learning
- Fitness center on site - complimentary
- Short and Long Term Disability paid by the company
- Free coffee and soft drinks
Carol Ann Miles
Global Head of Talent Acquisition
Tel. +49 162 732 2489
Oerlikon is a global technology group with a clear mission: to become the leading provider of surface solutions, advanced materials and materials processing.
Oerlikon (SIX: OERL) engineers materials, equipment and surfaces and provides expert services to enable customers to have high-performance products and systems with extended lifespans.
Drawing on its key technological competencies and strong financial foundation, the Group is sustaining mid-term growth by executing three strategic drivers: addressing attractive growth markets, securing structural growth and expanding through targeted mergers and acquisitions.
A leading global technology and engineering Group, Oerlikon operates its business in two Segments – Surface Solutions and Manmade Fibers – and has a global footprint of more than 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries. In 2019, Oerlikon generated CHF 2.6 billion in sales and invested more than CHF 120 million in R&D.