Postion: R&D Lab Supervisor
Location: Plymouth, MI
Type: Full-time (40 hrs/wk)
Direct a team of R&D technologists to manage and execute plans for pilot scale operation of metal alloy powder development by gas/vacuum atomization. The ideal candidate will be a focal point for customer contact for non-production pilot scale orders.
- Support R&D Project Engineers in creating test plans for the development of metal alloy powders and/or to test or optimize Lab equipment or pieces thereof.
- Manage and seek external partners/consultants to improve atomization and sieving techniques.
- Document all results and process steps related to metallic powder prototype- manufacturing.
- Organize or support the creation of shipping and analytical documentation for processing shipping of experimental powder to customers (both domestic and overseas).
- Manage capital and expense budget as required.
- Responsible for following EHS and 5S standards in his/her work area and helps to develop & improve safety procedures from technical, hand-on standpoint (gives regular near-miss input to assure safest possible work environment).
- Inventory control of development powder samplers.
- Bachelor's degree in Materials Science/Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering or related field or foreign equivalent.
- 2 years of experience in process or manufacturing engineering.
Specific Skills or other Requirements:
- 2 years of hands on experience in manufacturing of metallic powders.
- Knowledge of process integration, lean methodologies (5S), heat transfer, metal chemistry, foundry practices, DOE, and Phase diagrams.