Strategic Account Manager
Responsible for sale of products and services, generating new business opportunities, develop long-term customer relationships in the Direct Account market and meet objectives set by management. To work as part of a team to provide customer satisfaction.
- Sell Oerlikon Metco’s products and services to defined Direct Account customers through telephone sales based on established targets.
- Consult with customers on coatings, materials, equipment and applications; recommending products and services as necessary and help to identify new applications and opportunities
- Develop new customers through prospecting and following up on company supplied leads and customer referrals
- Support customers and communicate to Oerlikon Metco’s outside sales team and other department on potential opportunities.
- Work closely with Key Account Managers in territory to align strategy.
- Leadership skill set with proactive and creative approaches to developing and growing new business.
- Good technical aptitude, organizational and communication skills required.
- Strong application and product knowledge of Oerlikon Metco’s Thermal Spray and Hardfacing product line, or possess the aptitude to quickly learn said knowledge.
- Strong time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to work independently and with little oversight
- Ability to work with SAP, CRM and Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Specific tasks of this position include but are not limited to:
- - Account management for defined list of accounts.
- - Process sales leads for NA Industrial Group. Coordinate, qualify, quote, convert to orders.
- - Manage all activities related to Direct Accounts.
- - New customer Development, including proactive calling, light marketing, etc.
- - RFQ support as needed within the Direct Account market.
- - Act as primary point of contact for all customers in the NA direct account group
Education and Experience requirements:
- - Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering preferred – or -
- - Associates degree with a min 5 years’ proven Inside Sales experience.