Buyer Sourcing Specialist
Procure a variety of materials, goods, and services essential to support the organization’s operating needs through evaluation of suppliers abilities and negotiation through the administration of purchase orders; striking optimum balance between cost, quality, delivery, and vendor performance.
Additionally, this position will give exposure to a complex, global supply chain serving multiple locations of Oerlikon Metco. Advancement opportunities for candidates that can make positive contributions are diverse.
- Prepare RFQ as well as compile and manage all required documentation.
- Identify new high potential suppliers.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in the area of cost, quality, and service.
- Procure items consistent with specifications, in a timely manner, in coordination with the Material Resource Planning process.
- Assure vendor compliance with 1) quantity, 2) specifications, 3) quality, 4) delivery and 5) price.
- Maintain records which support sourcing actions to include spend analysis.
- Act as back-up to maintain essential activities of the Sourcing / Procurement group.
- Ability to travel to supplier locations – 10% travel estimated
- College degree. Technical and business or supply chain major preferred.
- 7-10 years previous experience in supply chain management, procurement, strategic sourcing is desirable but not necessary.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Previous experience with SAP desirable. Ability to develop mastery of ERP system in a short period of time.
- Communication – ability to prepare small presentations to the team, communicate cross functionality to peers and superiors.
- Organization – able to manage their own time and maintain a record of multiple sourcing projects and current status.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.