- Provide functional technical leadership in Siemens S7 PLC programming
- Write test plans and operating protocols for testing software. Modular software architecture creation is to be utilized
- In this position, the employee will support pro-actively the rest of the organization and its supervisor(s) towards operational excellence
- Personal ownership of tasks is required
- Experience in Siemens S7 PLC programming
- 5+ years of experience in HMI software design for industrial machines
- Experience in PLC programming and industrial automation as well as of electrical engineering is a plus
- Willingness to travel up to 50%, if required
- Familiarity with thermal spray processes is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Fluent in English (level C1), German (level B1) is a plus
- A challenging position with potential for future development
- Ability to learn and to exercise individual initiative
- A variety of career opportunities within our successful international industrial corporation
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy to become a global powerhouse in surface solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. Backed by the key ability to intelligently engineer and process surface solutions and advanced materials, the Group is committed to invest in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable, more efficient and environmentally sustainable products. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13 500 employees at more than 180 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2016. The company invested CHF 94 million in R&D in 2016 and has over 1 000 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
The Surface Solutions Segment of the Oerlikon Group includes the two brands Oerlikon Balzers and Oerlikon Metco. The Segment operates more than 145 facilities with over 140 coating centres in 37 countries in Europe, the Americas, Asia and Australia, employing more than 6 000 people.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials, services, specialized machining services and components. Operating a dynamically growing network of more than 40 sites in EMEA, Americas and Asia Pacific, Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team.