Title: Shipping/Receiving Inspector (2nd Shift)
Location: Pell City, AL
The Inspector will work in a self-directed capacity in a changing environment. He/She will work with a variety of customers to understand their ongoing product needs and translate those needs into workable specifications for teammates to follow. In performing his/her daily tasks, the individual will draw upon training and experience to make important front-end and back-end processing decisions. As part of his/her primary responsibilities, this individual will also ensure that once the customers’ products have been processed they are inspected for quality, re-packaged, and shipped accurately.
- Receiving including assigning NAVISION numbers, Opening UPS/FedEx and customer packaging
- Maintain good relationship with customers
- Inform customers & sales of any issues/questions/comments regarding their orders.
- Prepare tools for cleaning Inspect tools, write up orders in NAVISION
- Load and unload the wash line Read and fill in task log as needed Load tools in the system within 2 hours of arrival
- Keep PCC’s updated
- Correctly fill out the Tool information Sheet when required
- Assist in other areas of production when needed
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Perform Outgoing Inspection
- Pack tools
- Ship via Van and UPS/FedEx and/or LTL
- Ship/close orders in NAVISION.
- Ordering supplies as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be proficient ordering supplies via the Internet
- Experience with MS Word and Internet Explorer
- Knowledge of industrial cutting tools (e.g.; drills, etc.) preferred, but not required
- Individual must have strong work ethic, be high-energy, and detailed-oriented
- Must be able to lift 30lbs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401K and more...
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.6 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Balzers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Balzers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.