Location: Barboursville, WV
Oerlikon Metco is seeking a talented professional to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment to support Shipping and Receiving. The position is full-time, 8am to 5pm. M-F
Some overtime & weekends required.
Packs and prepares parts for shipment to customers. The requirements listed in the Support Operator primary job description apply to this position.
- Prepares and packs for shipment, utilizing best practices to ensure the parts and coatings are protected from transit damage using various and appropriate packaging such as strapping, shrink wrap, bubble wrap, tissue paper, newspaper, plastic sleeves, packing peanuts, and customer-supplied packing.
- Assembles wooden crates, so must be able to use power tools or cardboard shipping cartons if not supplied by the customer; otherwise package the part in the same manner as received (plus protection for coating) using customer supplied container.
- Ensures parts/containers/pallets are properly and correctly labeled or stenciled for shipment.
- Computer skills required for all proper documentation, communication and set up of shipments with Fed X, UPS, etc.
- Is responsible for attaching and/or enclosing the correct shipping documents to the appropriate containers and getting required signatures when parts are shipped; forwards signed paperwork to Customer Service or appropriate department.
- Receives packages from transit companies.
- Ensures that paperwork from incoming shipments is forwarded to the appropriate department.
- Unpacks incoming parts and inspects for transit damage, informing Customer Service or Quality if damage is observed; places parts in the appropriate staging areas.
- Verifies part numbers, serial numbers, and quantities of incoming parts match paperwork, informing Customer Service if a discrepancy is observed.
- Ensures incoming raw materials are forwarded to the appropriate department or area.
- Delivers incoming merchandise to the appropriate department or person.
- Utilizes part handling equipment, to include forklift, crane and techniques appropriate to the object(s) being moved, observing all Oerlikon Metco safety requirements.
- Must be able to properly lift 40 pounds on a consistent basis.
Must be able to lift 40 pounds on a consistent basis.
U.S. Person – This position requires a U.S. Person as defined by U.S. ITAR and EAR regulations due to Oerlikon Metco handling items and data restricted for export by ITAR and/or EAR. Proof of U.S. citizenship (U.S. birth certificate or U.S. passport), naturalization or permanent resident status is required.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.
ble to lift 40 pounds on a consistent basis.