Title: Shift Leader
Location: Geneva, IL
The Shift Lead is responsible for assisting the Manager in the day-to-day activities to ensure proper workflow, machine utilization, attention to expedited orders, proper preparation of tools for customer pickup or van delivery.
- Operations – understand, operate, and act in a hands-on capacity to process products through production system using standard processes. Holds Technicians and/or Inspectors accountable for efficient throughput.
- Customer Relations - Act as a driving force within the Center to ensure execution of Managers production plan to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Quality Systems & Adherence to Standards – supports activities ensuring customer satisfaction and adherence to BTS production and maintenance standards. Aids Manager in working to establish a well-trained, highly motivated and effective work force.
- Production Scheduling – Execute the Manager’s shift model designed to meet customer needs; provide input to batch planning, maintenance schedule, etc.
- Labor Management - Execute Production Plan while making recommendations for this utilization of available resources; assist in the cross-training activity within the Center
- Production Technology – understanding and operate all facets of the operations, Inspector and Technician roles and functions.
- Interact with Customers to provide appropriate customer service
- Support daily management of Center Production
- Support activities for motivating, coaching, and developing employees
- Assists in developing and maintaining a team atmosphere
- Supports ethical leadership
- High School or GED. Experience substitutes
- Experience working in a manufacturing/ Production environment to working the production cycles to deliver products on time
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Interpersonal skills
- Tuition Reimbursement
- and more....
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.6 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Balzers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Balzers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.