Title: Shared Services Coordinator
Location: Schaumburg, IL
As a Shared Services Coordinator you will be an integral part of the Oerlikon US Shared Services team and will report directly to the Head of HR Shared Services position. In the first instance, you will have an active part in shaping and structuring our new shared service organization. You will provide support in the broad range of HR administration, supporting the HR Shared Services function while being a key player in the transformation process.
As a technology leader in several key industries, we offer a highly collaborative, global environment This opens the door to exciting personal development programs and long term perspectives for our employees.
If you're looking for a new challenge in a rapidly changing world and have the required skills for the job and are passionate about HR then we would like to hear from you. The ideal candidate will bring energy and focus, as well as enthusiasm for HR and Oerlikon. You would complement a friendly, inclusive environment where your ideas are welcomed and you are able to collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support to the HR function to facilitate the HR administrative processes for all Oerlikon entities
- Assists with administration of all major HR processes –including new hire, onboarding and offboarding
- Coordinates employee service awards, tuition reimbursement, employee referral and other Oerlikon employee programs
- Performing payroll/benefit/HR-related data audits and reconciliations
- Supports HR relevant projects and task as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of hands-on HR operations experience in different HR administrative tasks.
- Previous HRIS maintenance experience ideal.
- Enjoys working in a transitional environment.
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office software
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner.
- Ability to always provide great customer service to team members
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment and knowledge sharing
- An exciting challenge with a very high degree of freedom of choice and responsibility
- An international community with a family culture
- Attractive working conditions
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Balzers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Balzers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.