Service Technician, Guelph, Ontario
We are seeking an experienced Service Technician who will work within the production facility and will be primarily responsible for performing, documenting, and scheduling all maintenance tasks related to servicing coating and all support equipment within our facility in Guelph, Ontario. This position will be expected to perform maintenance as defined in existing equipment manuals as well as inventory spare parts. The service technician plays a key leadership role in directing and improving the performance of existing equipment which directly impacts the overall production output within a facility. The position may indirectly supervise the work of others as well as require informal mentoring/ coaching of others. The service technician directly reports to the Area Service Manager and has a dotted line report to the Center Manager.
- Schedule time with production to make sure the preventative maintenance is being performed on time (based on the calendar that was set up with the Area Service Manager)
- Perform and document the preventive maintenance on all equipment within the facility
- Provide emergency equipment repairs in order to production running at all times
- Comply with all equipment standards set in place by the equipment manufactures
- Check the equipment for shutdowns and process interruptions and create an action plan to resolve the issues
- Ensure equipment reliability is within target and data is up-to-date on the server at all times.
- Plan, purchase and maintain proper inventory levels required to minimize downtime, yet control inventory dollars as required.
- Ensure safety measures are met, technicians are practicing safe work habits
- Keep a clean, well-organized work area, including power alleys, support systems and equipment
- Provide training for coating technicians in areas such as load building, batch-to-batch exchanges, and 80 batch maintenance
- Exhibits a sense of urgency in their daily activities when the equipment within their facility is not capable of running production
- Responsible for the completion of Technical Directives and communication of Technical Information within their facility
- Participate as a key member of the management team within the production facility
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the development of an internal inventory management process for production at their facility
- Assists in the installation of equipment and retrofits within their facility
- Supports the Production Technology Department with projects within their facility
- Communicates effectively with the Area Service Manager and the Center Manager
- Additional service related projects
- Cooperative Relationships
- Drive for Results
- Post Secondary Education in related discipline
- 2+ years’ experience working with HVAC, vacuum technology, automotive, and/or industrial equipment repair
- Experience interpreting various mechanical and electrical schematics along with the ability to troubleshoot equipment using schematics
- Must be detailed-oriented with a strong work-ethic and a possess a sense of urgency to be successful
- Must be accessible to respond to service emergencies which could lead to equipment failure/ downtime
- A comprehensive total rewards package including
- Extended health, dental, life insurance and vision
- Company sponsored pension plan
- An opportunity to work in a world class organization at a state of the art coating centre!
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.6 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable national or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.