Senior Technical Expert (m/f/d) Battery Technology
Main purpose of this role is assessing new battery technologies (focusing on LiB) and solutions, including material- production- and quality related topics. You will be responsible that our internal technology development activities are aligned with customers and institutions. As technical expert, you will assessing with partners from academia, research institutions and customers new technologies and new solutions. In this role, you are playing a key role in developing the new battery business of Oerlikon – as part of our growth strategy. This role is based in Feldkirchen (next to Munich), Germany and you will report directly into the Head of OSS R&D.
- Ensuring a detailed overview of various battery technologies, focus on LiB (but not exclusively), including technology trends (10 years and beyond)
- Creating an in depth overview of production technologies, the entire production process, incl cost analysis, knowledge of state of the art production processes and related KPIs
- Developing technology scenarios accessible for Oerlikon based on existing competencies
- Working out gaps and touch points with Oerlikon technology (PVD, TS, Materials, AM) and propose way forward
- Developing scenarios to acquire/ develop new technologies, based on market potential and customer/ market acceptance
- Providing technology risk analysis
- Developing technology implementation plans (timeline, ressources)
- Aligning Oerlikon technology scenarios with customers
- Addressing material recycling technologies and opportunities
- Establishing and maintaining relations to academia & research institutes
- Staying up to date with state of the art technologies trends
- University degree (engineering, physics, chemistry), ideally with PhD and / or master thesis in a battery related field
- Battery expert: Familiar with relevant battery technologies (focus on LiB), including material- production- and quality related topics. Level of expertise is on eye-to-eye level with partners from academia, research institutions and customers and allows for the assessment of new technologies and new solutions
- At least 5 years of experience in in the successful execution of battery related technology projects in industrial environment. Covering a broad range of applications (consumer electronics, stationary energy storage) the focus is EV[HM(M1]
- Some experience in technical business development
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with the ability to synthetize and focus on the essential
- Hands-on, positive, pragmatic, detail-oriented, flexible and results-driven, with a high level of energy as well as the ability to meet multiple and tight timelines under pressure
- Experience in international and cross-cultural business environment; familiarity with the European and Asian markets would be an asset
- Good communicator to various stakeholders, can relate well to a wide range of people across organizational levels, customers and cultures
- Fluent in English, both orally and written; other language skills would be an asset
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Challenging position in which you can expose your ability to be a winner and with potential for a continued career development
- Supporting the shape of a new business area for Oerlikon
- Close contact to Business Leaders
- Huge diversity of people and culture on the inside as well as on the outside (global spread of business through different industries like Automotive, Aerospace and Power)
This role is based in Feldkirchen (next to Munich), Germany.
Can you identify with this position and are you looking for a new challenge? Then we are eager to meet you! Please apply online.
Martin Huber, Talent Acquisition Manager / EMEA
Phone: +49 6142 6033 103
Oerlikon is a global technology group with a clear mission: to become the leading provider of surface solutions, advanced materials and materials processing.
Oerlikon (SIX: OERL) engineers materials, equipment and surfaces and provides expert services to enable customers to have high-performance products and systems with extended lifespans.
Drawing on its key technological competencies and strong financial foundation, the Group is sustaining mid-term growth by executing three strategic drivers: addressing attractive growth markets, securing structural growth and expanding through targeted mergers and acquisitions.
A leading global technology and engineering Group, Oerlikon operates its business in two Divisions – Surface Solutions and Polymer Processing Solutions – and has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Sustainability is a living principle for Oerlikon. See:
#SustainableOerlikon #Sustainability #sustainabilityreporting