Senior Research &Technology Scientist (m/f/d)
We are currently looking for a new team member to join our world class R&D department. You will collaborate effectively with other members of the Innovation Department and, with your knowledge and experience you will innovate in the area of PVD Coaters Technologies by designing, developing new concepts for hardware and processes related to our PVD and Thin Films deposition technologies.
- As a technology and innovation expert, you will support Balzers innovation strategy with innovative ideas in the field of PVD sources, coater designs and plasma pulsing strategies
- You will collaborate with our Material Scientist of Product Development to push performance of our coatings and with the Engineering department to keep innovating our Balzers coaters
- You will collaborate with our patent department to define technology landscapes and protect your inventions with patents filings directly with our attorneys
- You will lead exploratory and development projects as well as the evaluation of new technologies and processes for strategic collaborations or acquisitions
- You will establish academic and industry partnerships critical to boost Balzers competitiveness
- You will represent Balzers at international scientific and technical conferences
- You will initiate and participate to publicly funded development projects with long-term perspectives
- PhD in Physics (preferred) or related subjects
- Knowledge of PVD technologies and related commercial applications.
- Proven experience in innovating and designing of PVD coaters and other Thin Film deposition techniques.
- Previous working experience in Industrial environment for at least 10 years.
- Result oriented; Team player.
- Fluent English and colloquial German required
- Work for a technology leader committed to innovation, in a world class research infrastructure and joining a stimulating international and multidisciplinary team of experts.
- Thorough introduction to our products and technologies.
- Diverse work area with high personal responsibility
- Social and progressive employment conditions
- Flexible working hours, attractive remuneration and company pension / pension fund
- Supervision by a specialist sponsor
- Attractive work location
Do you identify with this position and are excited about your new challenge? Then we look forward to hearing from you! We look forward to receiving your application via our eRecruiting system, specifying your salary expectations, your availability and your desired region of employment. If you have any questions in advance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Phone: +49 6142 6033 281
Oerlikon engineers materials, equipment and surfaces and provides expert services to enable customers to have high-performance products and systems with extended lifespans. Drawing on its key technological competencies and strong financial foundation, the Group is sustaining mid-term growth by executing three strategic drivers: addressing attractive growth markets, securing structural growth and expanding through targeted mergers and acquisitions. A leading global technology and engineering Group, Oerlikon operates its business in two Segments – Surface Solutions and Manmade Fibers – and has a global footprint of more than 10 500 employees at 175 locations in 37 countries. In 2018, Oerlikon generated CHF 2.6 billion in sales and invested around CHF 120 million in R&D.
Oerlikon Balzers is one of the world’s leading suppliers of surface technologies that significantly improve the performance and durability of precision components as well as tools for the metal and plastics processing industries. Oerlikon Balzers operates a dynamically growing network of more than 100 coating centres in 35 countries in Europe, the Americas and Asia. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team.