Position Title: Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Additive Manufacturing
Location: Huntersville, NC
Oerlikon AM is the newest business unit in Oerlikon’s Surface Solutions segment. Oerlikon AM is an end to end Additive Manufacturing solutions provider, with powder production, design and applications engineering, printing solutions, and post processing solutions including heat treatment and coatings. Oerlikon Additive Manufacturing has R&D Centers and Production Facilities in the US and EU.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the execution of multiple projects to deliver metal parts through the Additive Manufacturing value chain. The position enables New Product Introduction (NPI) from new customer, integrates into the production system and drives execution through to First Article.
This role will design and implement Continuous Improvement Plans, and concession management systems and take responsibility for ensuring building a robust manufacturing system.
The position will require the generation of shop floor work instructions (travelers, routing) for operations through the factory (printing, heat treatment, support and powder removal, finishing, cleaning, and inspection). When applicable the Senior manufacturing engineer will coordinate these operations with external suppliers. The candidate should understand conventional manufacturing workflows, Lean principles, compliance with quality systems, and root cause analysis. They work closely with Additive Manufacturing application engineers, Heat Treatment and post processing manufacturing engineers, production technicians and operators.
- Bachelor’s level Engineering degree is required.
- Understands conventional manufacturing workflows.
- Experience in high mix / low volume aerospace manufacturing (AS9100) environment is required.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, capable of delivering multiple projects at one time, and ability to work across multi-functional teams.
- Strong problem solver; understanding of root cause analysis tools, and a mindset for continuous improvement.
- Experience with metal additive manufacturing is
- Strive for continuous improvement, innovation and creativity.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, detail oriented
- Self-driven, open and positive mind set.
- Experience in international and cross-cultural business environment.
- English (business fluent) – other languages beneficial.
- Must be authorized to work in US without requiring any sponsorship.