Senior Data Scientist (F/M/D)
For our brand new Digital Hub in Munich we are looking for you: an experienced, enthusiastic Senior Data Scientist (F/M/D).
What projects will you be working on?
- Working on various projects covering applications from additive manufacturing through material science to future smart factory solutions
- Machine learning/big data in large scale installations
- Predictive maintenance
- Critical process data interpretation at molecular level industrial 3-D printing, surface treatment
- Providing advice on projects on the application of statistical methods, multivariate analysis methods and data visualization, meeting requirements of various business units
- Cooperation with top research institutes (e.g. computational rapid alloy development)
- There is also time and space to explore own ideas
What would be some key daily tasks?
- Develop and execute statistical and mathematical solutions to business problems within business units/segments
- Design experiments to answer targeted questions
- Develop new algorithms and mathematical approaches to understand the company’s target markets and solve complex business problems such as optimizing product performance, revenue and adoption
- Use analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, culling actionable insights using advanced statistical techniques
- Develop and apply predictive statistical models, customer profiling, segmentation analysis, sur- vey design and analysis and data mining
- Prepare and present findings to the management
- Master’s degree, PhD or equivalent in Computer Science, Data Science or related field
- Several years of experience in big data/ data analytics, with a focus on the Hadoop Ecosystem (Hortonworks) and scale-out systems, statistics, data mining and machine learning as well as data visualization
- Practical experience in programming or scripting languages such as R, Python and Scala as well as knowledge of big data databases
- Profound knowledge of various analytical tools
- Consulting within data analytics projects on the application of innovative big data approaches from research and practice
- English language is the standard language here and German a strong plus
We offer a highly collaborative, global environment as a technology leader in several key industries. The combination of a startup dynamic in an established, stock market listed corporation ensures ex- citing personal development programs and long term perspectives for our employees.