Position Summary: Alloy Screening Technician
Location: Plymouth, Michigan
The Alloy Screening Technician ensures safe and efficient blending, mixing, screening, and packaging of powder products on a day-to-day basis. Shall meet or exceed all HSE, quality, delivery, and productivity goals for the area of responsibility. Shall coordinate and process work orders on a timely basis. Alloy Screening Technicians shall actively investigate, communicate and resolve issues regarding safety, quality, maintenance, and planning to key managers. Alloy Screening Technicians shall maintain detailed production records. Alloy Screening Technicians shall help drive innovation and continual improvement activities to achieve world class processes and products.
- Blend, mix, screen, and pack powder products.
- Understand work instructions and product specifications. Select proper screening equipment to maximize yield.
- Comply with all HSE and Quality procedures and policies -- corporate and regulatory. Ensure Oerlikon Five Golden Rules of safety are followed at all times.
- Investigate and resolve problems affecting HSE, quality, and productivity when required.
- Maintain proper inventory of materials, supplies, and consumables.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance within scope of responsibility and skills.
- Maintain and process all production records in a timely manner.
- Continually improve procedures and equipment for safety, quality, lean behaviors, and productivity. Serve as a resource for leads and team members driving improvement activities.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Proficient in Mathematics (Decimals, Fractions, Percentages, Weighted Averages)
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office
- Ability to work night or day shift
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.6 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.