Position: Sales Manager AM Metal Powders - North America
Location: Huntersville, NC
The Sales Manager for Additive Manufacturing Metal Powders will be responsible for all sales activities for Additive Manufacturing materials, specifically metal powders, across assigned territories. He or she will be expected to build up strong relationships with new and existing customers along with their team. The Sales Manager will proactively manage multiple business aspects of nominated accounts (predominantly within the US) in a manner which achieves targeted product sales volumes, enhances company margin from sales activities, drives long term strategic relationships and improves customer satisfaction and service levels. One of the main goals will be to maximize sales and margin through strong and effective account management, achieving maximum profitability and growth in line with Oerlikon Additive Manufacturing’s 5 Year Business Plan. This individual will also be a member of the Additive Manufacturing leadership team and will report to the Vertical Leader of Additive Manufacturing Materials Sales within the business unit. Furthermore she or he will be the central point of contact for topics linked to business development for the Additive Manufacturing business.
- Development of key accounts and new strategic business opportunities and identification of potential opportunities with existing / new customers
- Network expansion with major customers in Additive Manufacturing in the US
- Develop a go to market strategy for service bureaus in their territory
- Definition and implementation of international marketing and promotional activities in close collaboration with the Marketing team
- Developing strong bids: responsible for constructing strong metal powder sales proposals to OEMs and AM service centers.
- Customer care: collects customer insight that generate customer satisfaction and reliable information
- Maximization of Sales; margin and profitability in line with the 5 year business plan
- Strategic Agreements: defines and negotiates long term agreements with accounts, especially with OEMs.
- Networking, attend trade shows and industrial collaboration committees;
- Negotiation and contracting
- Managing of multiple business aspects of nominated accounts predominantly within the US, and building a sustainable business in the respective territories through consistently achieving targets and setting up formal argreements to build recurring revenue
- Experience with additive manufacturing technology
- Minimum 5 years sales experience combined with or related to materials
- Able to travel and manage a sizable territory.
- Strong rolodex of technical and commercial contacts from engineering, managerial and C-suite across various product groups within target markets.
- Strong successful track record of successfully selling solutions and long term agreements.
- to build a great business in the respective territory and product remit through consistently achieving or over-achieving targets
- Relationship and network expansion with the major customers in Additive Manufacturing
- Relationship and network expansion with the major customers in Additive Manufacturing in the US
- Customer care: collects customer insights that generate customer satisfaction, responsive, competent speech, reliable information
- Networking: Research, record, understanding and communication of internal and external networks.
- Negotiation and contracting: formulates clear offerings and consistently pursues the offers.
- Develops customer binding programs to build recurring revenue. Bringing negotiations quickly to the conclusion and fixed the conclusion in a robust way
- Sales excellence: CRM, sales order process improvement, sales targets, visit reports, order intake, long term agreements secured sales, gross profit (volume, price, mix), budget & forecasting accuracy CRM, customer base development
- Excellent problem solving and communications skills, customer and service oriented
- Ability to think and plan strategically but also be able to manage day-to-day tactical issues.
- Fluent command of the English language, 2nd language will be an asset
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon AM is spearheading the revolution that is Additive Manufacturing. We have gathered together a dynamic team with deep industrial knowledge, backed with state of the art facilities worldwide, built specifically for AM. We can provide AM solutions in metal alloys, ceramics and plastic materials. We can support our own AM printing capability with our own metal powder production, research and development, component design, application engineering and finishing. We are pioneering AM for all scales of manufacture from 1 part to series production runs lasting decades, and across all industries.. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, retirement security contribution and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - please send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon AM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon AM to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon AM is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.