Regrinding Operations Manager Americas
The Regrinding Operations Manager Americas is based in Oerlikon Balzers Mexico Queretaro, he oversees the operation of regrinding
In the Americas region reporting to the Head of Sales and Operations Latam and have a functional reporting line to the BTS center of competence “Rox”.
Managing the operation related to maintain a Cutting Tools regrinding production operation. The position requires staff management, resources management, compliance and general oversight of the following:
- Ensure Quality Systems & Standards - of regrinding Center operations. Ensure customer satisfaction by administration of Quality Systems and adherence to BTS and Rox production and maintenance standards. Works to establish a well-trained, highly motivated and effective work force.
- Production Scheduling – Build shift models to meet customer needs
- Labor Management - Cross-training flexibility
- Employee Development - Manage a dedicated workforce with respect to employee development, cross-training, succession planning, and administrative approvals, etc including performance management, hiring.
- Production Scheduling & Delivery - managing FIFO, urgencies and planning to increase output; managing customer expectation and expedited delivery as needed
- Sales – work with sales department to facilitate generating new business by meeting customer specifications
- Understand, operate, and act in a hands-on capacity to process cutting tools regrinding’s through production system using standard processes
- Act as a driving force to achieve customer satisfaction by working with; understand customer needs, have a close relationship with the top customers. Manage accounts and work thru customer issues.
- Ensuring consistency of processes
- Act as Operational Expert in the assigned Segment supporting the Segment Manager as needed
- Leadership - Ability to earn respect, trust and confidence of employees through informative and effective communication; make sound, timely decisions; ability to inspire and motivate through a shared vision.
- Operational Management – Manage the successful adherence to established processes that drive our business in an efficient and customer-oriented manner, while at the same time being prepared for growth initiatives driven by Segment Managers.
- Financial and KPI Analysis - Ability to allocate, plan, control and deploy resources (material, labor) in a fiscally responsible manner. Knowledge of the financial impact of decisions, adherence to company policies and procedures ensuring sound financial judgment, drive actions to achieve financial targets
- Resource Management/Development – Identify and develop potential high performers; effectively utilize and deploy the resources within assigned area.
- Process Improvement – Work with Process Improvement Specialist within the Area to improve processes, quality costs, and customer satisfaction
- Segment Expertise – Have in depth knowledge of the Market Segment, customer applications, and Cutting Tools applications such as pre and post treatments, coatings, etc. Serve as the primary resource within Operations for all Segment related topics.
- Project Management – Utilize Project Management techniques and discipline to successfully lead the many complex projects designed for improving profitability and our Segment driven organization.
- Training – Provide Center personnel with Segment specific training as required