Oerlikon Balzers Canada is seeking an energetic and detail oriented individual for our center in Guelph, Ontario.
The Quality Specialist is responsible for supporting the Production Manager in driving quality activities within the production facility. Through the use and knowledge of the ISO 9001, NADCAP (Aerospace), Quality Management Systems, Quality Tools, and Oerlikon Balzers Standards, the Quality Specialist ensures that quality problems are effectively addressed and that quality standards are being implemented and adhered to within the production facility.
- Analyze quality trends through data mining and analysis and conduct monthly Quality improvement activities to find and resolve quality issues through root cause analysis and problem solving processes;
- Conduct quality audits as prescribed by the local quality registration (ISO, NADCAP, or Customer Requirements)
- Participate in the analysis and disposition of non-conforming product as required
- Interface with customers to resolve quality issues and facilitate quality-planning (APQP) and development of work instructions for customer specific requirements.
- Complete lab analysis per NADCAP and customer requirements performing some of the following tests:
- Thickness checks via X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) and Cross sectioning w/ mounted samples
- Various hardness testers
- Scratch Tests
- Visual inspection and microscope
- Maintain the ISO 9001 and NADCAP systems to ensure compliance with global, national and local requirements.
- Provide training and support to employees on all quality concerns, customer complaints and application of quality methodologies
- Creation of operational work instructions for Production.
- Proven technical capabilities combined with a post-secondary education in science related discipline;
- Two years’ experience in a quality specialist role in a manufacturing and/or production environment;
- Previous experience in implementing and executing ISO 9001 and NADCAP;
- Proficient using MS Office;
- Effectively use problem-solving tools such as Pareto charts, SPC methodologies, cause and effect diagrams as well as 8D, or similar problem solving discipline.
- Experience with APQP/PPAP disciplines would be considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with strong presentation and team-building skills.
A comprehensive total rewards package including:
- Extended health, vision and dental with health spending account;
- Llife and disabilIty insurance;
- Company sponsored pension plan.
You will continue to develop in an environment that supports continuous learning.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable national or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.