Location: Barboursville, WV
Oerlikon Metco is seeking a talented professional to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment as a Quality Manager. The successful candidate in this role will plan, coordinate, and direct quality management system designed to ensure continuous production of product confirming to established standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. Responsibilities also include involvement in hiring, motivation, development, discipline, terminations and other leadership responsibilities.
- Utilizes statistical analysis methodologies to monitor and improve processes and identify and correct deficiencies in processes and utilizes statistical and spreadsheet software.
- Manages personnel and the functions of Inspection, Laboratory, and Quality Engineering; assures that staff are properly trained to effectively perform duties and are certified to customer requirements as appropriate.
- Maintains current revisions of specifications and standards, and communicates requirements throughout the facility as needed. Retains quality records required by customers and agencies.
- Assures materials received are procured from approved sources, capable of meeting requirements, and properly certified to customer requirements.
- Assures effective calibration of all measurement and test equipment used to monitor or control processes or used to evaluate product conformity.
- Initiates and participates in corrective/preventive action stemming from internal audit findings, customer complaints, and product and process issues.
- Schedules and manages audits of internal products/processes and vendors, preparing for and leading interaction with external quality auditors, including responsibility to successfully close audit findings from external audits. Maintains required customer and industry certifications relating to quality.
- Ensures the conformance of product, processes, and services to customer and regulatory requirements, using his/her authority to halt processes creating non - conforming product.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- U.S. Person - This position requires a U.S. Person as defined by U.S. ITAR and EAR regulations due to Oerlikon Metco handling items and data restricted for export by ITAR and/or EAR. Proof of U.S. citizenship (U.S. birth certificate or U.S. passport), naturalization or permanent resident status is required.
Education, Experience, Other Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science plus Six Sigma Greenbelt (or similar training) plus five years of experience in quality management and/or quality engineering; or ASQ Quality Manager certification plus Six Sigma Greenbelt (or similar training) plus seven years of experience in quality management and/or quality engineering.
Mathematical Skills - Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and statistics to such tasks as statistical process control, design of experiment, and various analysis methodologies.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.