Position: Quality Manager, Midwest Region
Location: Elgin, IL
The Quality Manager will develop and maintain Quality and Continuous Improvement activities for the Midwest Region at specified US facilities, reporting to the Head of Quality, Operation excellence and HSE – Americas. Responsibilities include strategic planning, oversight and management of quality management systems, management of key indicators, and drive continuous improvement philosophies and activities. Further, the candidate shall be responsible for customer qualifications and interaction as it relates to quality topics. The QM will be directly involved in the process of customer complaints, will provide direction to quality personnel within the South Region, manage audits, and instruct all personnel in the use of problem solving tools and the Quality Management delivery systems.
- Lead and facilitate the implementation of Quality Management Systems as required.
- Guide personnel in the proper use of quality problem solving tools.
- Oversee internal and external audit activities. Perform second-party audits as required.
- Ensure quality targets and objectives are met in cooperation with operations.
- Disposition of non-conforming product as required.
- Coordinate PPAPs, PCNs, First Article Inspections, special studies and qualifications.
- Ensure quality and process documents are reviewed regularly.
- Drive continuous improvement activities in both Quality and Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or production discipline. Equivalent experience may substitute.
- 7+ years of experience working as a Quality professional in Medical, Aerospace, Automotive, or General Engineering.
- Must be comfortable leading on the shop floor, as well as managing remotely.
- Ability to solve complex problems and address customer concerns.
- Strong working knowledge with ISO 9001, NADCAP, or IATF 16949 preferred.
- Experience in Kata methodology, Lean, and other continuous improvement tools (Six-Sigma, etc.).
- Knowledge of best practices in training, implementation, and updating standards
- High proficiency level with MS Office, ERP/MRP, and Mini Tab or other statistical software experience is desired.
- Must be willing to travel 35% to 50%.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1,350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.