Position: Quality Engineer - Change Management
Location: Plymouth, MI and Troy, MI
The Quality Engineer – Change Management is responsible for leading and implementing Quality Engineering Change at the Plymouth, MI Facility and the Troy, MI Facility. Responsibilities include new product introduction, continuous improvement, process metrics assessments, and supplier development and qualification. The Quality Engineer shall ensure that all changes to any part of the process have proper documentation and all First Article Inspections (FAI) associated with the process changes are completed in accordance to internal procedures and AS9102 “Aerospace First Article Inspection Requirement.” This position supports all types of changes that have a potential to impact quality of the final product including vendor changes, process changes, and specification management. The engineer shall ensure these changes do not impact compliance to all stated quality and regulatory standards including AS9100, ISO 9001, and others as required.
The Quality Change Engineer must be flexible to work overtime including weekends, when necessary or required, and must be willing to work in any shift (first, split, or night) or schedule as required.
- Work closely with the Global Quality Standards & APQP Manager on future product introductions and determine the priority and timing in coordination with site manufacturing leadership and process engineering teams.
- Lead and/or support all FAI related tasks for proper documentation to ensure compliance.
- Compile and analyze FAI test data to determine whether systems or processes have met the FAI criteria or to identify root cause of production problems.
- After the PPAP is completed and approved, continue to review process yields, customer requirements, and quality inspection characteristics for process drifts or a change in product quality. Document and communicate to relevant teams.
- Develop Master Project Plan regarding any type of change project including process flow diagrams, test cases, and/or standard operating procedures when necessary.
- Ensure all changes are documented and any required training is performed and documented.
- Prepare, maintain, and review validation and compliance documentation, such as document control/Engineering Change Notices, and Test Reports.
- Review OEM specifications and work with procurement team and other to perform validations as necessary.
- Work with the Quality Management System to understand needed improvements or issues from customer complaints or corrective actions.
- Resolve testing problems by modifying testing methods or revising test objectives and standards.
- Review new and help update internal specifications in EtQ.
- Work with the Quality team and Process Engineering to perform internal process audits.
- Facilitate meetings of cross functional team to ensure changes incorporates to product/process meets customer expectations without negatively impacting QMS system.
- Must be able to accept unexpected assignments as required.
- Ability to use continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S and Kaizen lean methods.
- Experience in managing Quality Management Systems is preferred, with knowledge of AS9100 and ISO 9000 standards.
- Experience in the automotive framework of procedures and techniques of Advance Product Quality Planning and Pre-production Approval Process for New Product Introduction is highly desired.
- Experience interpreting charts, graphs, engineering specifications, shop orders, and material data sheets to solve problems.
- Ability to use problem solving techniques and root cause analysis to ensure fast resolution to change validation process.
- Experience in writing test plans, project plans, procedures and project schedules.
- Ability to multi task and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have a good understanding of Quality Assurance and other regulatory requirements.
- Must be customer focused and a team player and be able to get results from Cross-Functional team.
- PPAP experience.
- First Article Inspection experience.
- Change management experience specifically dealing with new product introduction.
- Experience driving APQP advance product quality planning.
- Experience on - Investigated Customer Complaints/Non Conformance Reports, conducted RCCA, root cause analysis and developed corrective/preventative actions (CAPA).
- Must be U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably Chemical Engineering or Material Science Engineering.
- 2 -3 years of experience in engineering and quality.
- Be able to use SAP, MS Office Tools, Visio, and Project Management software.
- Broad knowledge of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must have a good understanding of quality assurance and other company policies.