Title: Production Technology Engineer
Location: Elgin, IL
The objective of the Production Technology Engineer is to provide support to all Centers in the implementation of Oerlikon Balzers(OB) Production Standards for equipment installation, operation and maintenance; standard processes, center layouts; product flows and new center construction, startup or closures.
- Ensure Standard practices are followed/implemented in all locations
- Training technicians in OB Standards
- Ensure equipment and facilities are in good working order, well maintained and efficiently managed.
- Apply state-of-the-art technical solutions improving operational performance
- Willingness to frequently travel domestically and abroad
- Responsibility to all non-Balzers coating equipment; and all support equipment such as cleaning lines, blasting, stripping, air compressors, HVAC, etc.
- Provide Service coverage on all equipment as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering Degree; Experience substitutes
- Technical Knowledge – Electrical degree, understand/read drawings, plumbing knowledge, mechanical knowledge
- Experience working through manufacturing/ Production environment to working the production cycles to deliver products on time
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong Engineering, Interpersonal and customer service-oriented skills
- 75% Travel required