Title: Production Supervisor- Screening
Location- Plymouth, MI
A Production Supervisor- Sreening will supervise the safe and efficient melting and atomization of powder products. Direct, supervise and monitor team leads and team members to meet or exceed all HSE, quality, delivery, and productivity goals. Maintain accurate time and production records. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Coach, mentor, and develop employees to meet or exceed area goals and lead by example. Continually innovate and improve processes and procedures to achieve best-in-class processes and products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with all ESH and Quality procedures and policies – corporate and regulatory. Ensure that the Oerlikon Five Golden Rules of Safety are followed at all times.
- Implement Oerlikon Mission and Core Values: Integrity, Team Spirit, Excellence, and Innovation.
- Direct, supervise and monitor team leads and team members to meet or exceed all ESH, quality, delivery, and productivity goals.
- Write, review and/or approve job hazard analysis, risk assessments, work instructions and procedures. Ensure procedures are in place, teammates are trained, and procedures are followed.
- Ensure proper onboarding of new hires. Oversee mentoring by leads. Identify, coordinate and/or conduct training around job hazards, work instructions and procedures.
- Investigate and resolve problems affecting ESH, quality, and productivity when required.
- Ensure proper inventory of materials, supplies, and consumables at all times.
- Maintain employee time and production records.
- Prepare and coordinate production schedules and people coverage including vacations, sickness, and training within company guidelines. Adjust as required to meet daily goals.
- Conduct job performance reviews; recommend job performance improvement plans; coach, mentor and nurture employee development and growth.
- Continually improve procedures and equipment for safety, quality, lean behaviors, and productivity. Serve as a resource for leads and team members driving improvement activities.
- Represents site management during off-shifts.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in manufacturing, preferably in a foundry/chemical environment.
- Completed a high school diploma or GED.
- Familiarity and experience with Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and ERP systems.
- Must be a contributor to production and comfortable working alongside production staff.
- Must focus on following processes and procedures that maximize productivity.
- Must read, understand, and comply with all Environmental, Safety, and Health, and Quality procedures and policies – both - corporate and regulatory, and ensure Oerlikon Five Golden Rules of safety are followed at all times.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, or Green Card Holder.
- Must be able to work with easy mathematical formulas (mathematical skills required)
- Must be able to read and understand Risk Assessment (RA) and Job Hazards Analysis (JHA).
- Must use safe behavior at all times.
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) when required.
- Must be able to read and understand standard operating procedures, material specifications, and instruction manuals.
- Must not operate or energize equipment, for which you have not been properly trained.
- Must keep working areas neat, tidy and organized at all times.
- Must actively participate in continual improvement activities.
- Opportunity to volunteer as a First responder (First aid, CPR, AED training required)
- Be able to provide positive mentoring, coaching and training