Location: Westbury, NY
Production Supervisor will supervise the safe and efficient production of powdered metal and ceramics products; processes may include spray drying, mechanical cladding, vibratory screening, air classifying, blending, and/or packaging. Direct, supervise and monitor team leads and team members to meet or exceed all HSE, quality, delivery, and productivity goals. Maintain accurate time and production records, including SAP transactions. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Coach, mentor, and develop employees to meet or exceed area goals and lead by example. Continually innovate and improve processes and procedures to achieve best-in-class processes and products.
- Comply with all HSE and Quality procedures and policies – corporate and regulatory.
- Ensure that the Oerlikon Five Golden Rules of Safety are followed at all times.
- Implement Oerlikon Mission and Core Values: Integrity, Team Spirit, Excellence, and Innovation.
- Direct, supervise and monitor team leads and team members to meet or exceed all HSE, quality, delivery, productivity, inventory, and operational excellence goals.
- Work with relevant parties to write, review and/or approve job hazard analysis, risk assessments, work instructions and procedures.
- Ensure procedures are in place, teammates are trained, and procedures are followed.
- Ensure proper onboarding of new hires.
- Oversee mentoring by leads.
- Identify, coordinate and/or conduct training around job hazards, work instructions and procedures.
- Investigate and resolve problems affecting HSE, quality, productivity, inventory, and operational excellence when required.
- Ensure proper inventory of materials, supplies, and consumables at all times. Maintain employee time and production records using SAP.
- Prepare and coordinate production and operator schedules to cover vacations, illness, and training within company guidelines.
- Adjust as required to meet daily goals.
- Conduct job performance reviews; recommend job performance improvement plans; coach, mentor and nurture employee development and growth.
- Continually improve procedures and equipment for safety, quality, operational excellence, and productivity.
- Serve as a resource for leads and team members driving improvement activities. Represents site management during off-shifts. Perform other duties as required.
- Must be able to work any shift (6:30am-2:30pm, 2pm-10:30pm, 10pm-6:30am) and rotate shifts as required to keep production moving and cover vacations/illnesses.
- 3 years of supervisory experience in manufacturing, preferably in a foundry/chemical environment (Highly Preferred)
- Completed a high school diploma or GED. Familiarity and experience with 5S, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and ERP systems (ie. SAP).
- Must be a contributor to production and comfortable working alongside production staff; must complete operator training in areas of responsibility.
- Must read, understand, and comply with all Environmental, Safety, Health, and Quality procedures and policies – both - corporate and regulatory, and ensure Oerlikon Five Golden Rules of safety are followed at all times.
- Must be able to work with easy mathematical formulas (mathematical skills required) Must be able to read and understand Risk Assessment (RA) and Job Hazards Analysis (JHA).
- Must use safe behavior at all times and ensure safe behavior of operators.
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) when required and ensure operators wear appropriate PPE when required; respirators may be required.
- Must be able to read and understand standard operating procedures, material specifications, and instruction manuals in English.
- Must not operate or energize equipment, for which you have not been properly trained.
- Must keep working areas neat, tidy and organized at all times. Must actively participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Opportunity to volunteer as a First Responder (First aid, CPR, AED training required).
- Be able to provide positive mentoring, coaching and training to operators and leads.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.